C-MAX Diesel Auto - wjh
Does anyone know if the C-MAX 1.6TDCi 109PS with the CVT auto is any good? If not, can anyone think of any other diesel automatics that offer good fuel consumption within the same sort of price range? Interior space is also a priority.
C-MAX Diesel Auto - Zippy123
Have yiou thought about: VW Touran DSG 2.0TDI
C-MAX Diesel Auto - wjh
It's for my dad, and he doesn't like Volkswagens.
C-MAX Diesel Auto - Avant
Is your dad a sedate driver, or does he like to get a move on? If the latter he will probably find any automatic mated to a sub-2-litre engine sluggish. CVT and DSG absorb less power than conventional automatics, but still a lttle.

Noise is another factor: my current Mercedes B-class is the first 4-cylinder diesel automatic I've had, and it'll be the last. The drone on acceleration is just like a London taxi (suitable for a Mercedes, you may say). If he can live with it, and it's within his budget, the larger-engined A- and B-classes are a possibility for him.
C-MAX Diesel Auto - Avant
One more pssibility - if he doesn't like VWs, is he also biased against Skodas? The Octavia has lots of space (especially the estate) but you ned the 2-litre 140 bhp version to go with the DSG.
C-MAX Diesel Auto - slowdown avenue
dont get a corsa diesel auto,unless you drive on long smooth roads.
C-MAX Diesel Auto - machika
I thought the C-MAX CVT diesel was about as rare as snow during a heatwave. Are they now readily available?
C-MAX Diesel Auto - wjh
This is the other problem. The dealer said it would be a 3 month wait for a car, but i'm beginning to wonder if these cars are easy to get hold of, as you say, it's very rare.

Doesn't like the Octavia. Might have a look at the A3 sportback, but possibly costs too much for too little. Big Saab fan, new 9-3 Linear TiD Auto too expensive, but a 55 plate 9-5 2.2TiD is a poosibilty - what is this engine like? I know its only 120bhp so it may be underpowered, but I, hoping the torque should improve things

What we're really after is space and fuel consumption, something the C-MAX delivers well, if only it were a bit less...bland?
C-MAX Diesel Auto - machika
Be prepared to wait longer than 3 months. The local Ford dealer was talking about a delay in the launch of the Focus CVT just 12 months ago. Then they suddenly disappeared off the dealers' lists altogther. I still haven't seen either a C-MAX/Focus CVT.
C-MAX Diesel Auto - LeePower
Dont tell me, Ford are still having troubles with the CVT boxes?

Then again Ford have always had trouble with the CTX / CVT boxes since they came out in the late 1980s.