Mondeo TDCi - s/h bargain ? - arnold2
I have noticed that 3 year old reasonable mileage Mondeo TDCi's can be had for less than £5k .... which seems quite a bargain if one looks at many VW group cars of that sort - is there something wrong with the TDCi's, or is this just massive depreciation !
Mondeo TDCi - s/h bargain ? - Pugugly {P}
- is there something wrong with the TDCi's - Oh dear. Unleash the dogs of war.............
Mondeo TDCi - s/h bargain ? - DP
Having had incredibly reliable and economical (albeit utterly gutless) service from our mk2 TD, I am considering a TDCi next year - a 158PS 2.2 if the budget will stretch.

Will be keen to see the outcome of this thread as I've heard various nasty rumours floating about.

Cheers
DP
Mondeo TDCi - s/h bargain ? - jammods
Arnold I'm in the same situation - thinking about getting a 2002/3 high miler for about £4k.

I'm not sure though, the Laguna 2 dci sports tourers can be picked up for the same money, whilst I prefer the look of the renault I've heard nothing good about them.

Will be deciding within the next fortnight.

Mondeo TDCi - s/h bargain ? - NowWheels
I'm not sure though, the Laguna 2 dci sports tourers can
be picked up for the same money, whilst I prefer the
look of the renault I've heard nothing good about them.

TVM's Laguna appears to have near fault-free, unlike the German car which replaced it.
Mondeo TDCi - s/h bargain ? - gkilner
I bought a 3 year old Mondeo TDCi Ghia 130PS last year for just under £6,000. The car had 98k when I bought it, 10months on it has now covered 127k!. Problems so far have been, seized rear brake calliper, failed water pump. Not great, but I think these could fail on any car at this mileage. There are known problems with the car going into limp mode(go slow) this requires a reset at a Ford dealer, and usually traces back to injector faults, these can usually be re-callibrated, but sometimes need replacing which can be very expensive. Overall I'd say they are not without faults, but no worse than a Passat or Vectra, and better than a Peugeot or Renault.
Mondeo TDCi - s/h bargain ? - Ben79
I'd say they are not without faults, but no worse than
a Passat or Vectra, and better than a Peugeot or Renault.

So, not as good as a Citroen then?
Mondeo TDCi - s/h bargain ? - gkilner
I don't know anyone with a citroen C5, all of the company cars at work are Peugeots / Fords / Vauxhalls. Citroen are very closely related to Peugeot though so I'd guess they share the same kind of small but niggly electrical / flimsy trim problems.
Mondeo TDCi - s/h bargain ? - LeePower
Peugeot own Citroen, They are one & the same car company PSA.