Number of registered owners in log book - mandarin
I bought a car from a main dealer which was sold to me as a 1 previous owner vehicle.

The log book has come through and it shows 2 previous owners.

I've give the details to the dealer and am waiting for the response.

Assuming they make a refund of part of the asking price, what is a ballpark figure that the additional owner makes?

Thanks

Mike
Number of registered owners in log book - AngryJonny
Standard practice, I thought - amongst the lesser scrupulous dealers at least. At the point where you put your money down, according to the V5 it was a "one previous owner" vehicle. One of those loopholes - like the difference between "scottish smoked salmon" and "smoked scottish salmon" that means they're not *strictly* lying.

Good luck with your claim though.
Number of registered owners in log book - Statistical outlier
Discussed at some length:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=41624&...f
Number of registered owners in log book - stunorthants
The term is registered keepers on the V5, not owners. This may seem like a technicality, but infact, one company can own a car continuously and register the car to different drivers over a period of time. This difference is outlined on the V5 I believe where it states the the registered keeper is not always the owner.

Therefore, if the car was advertised as having 1 registered keeper and had two, this is clearly wrong, but to say it has only had one owner does not relate to whats on the V5.
Had you asked how many registered keepers and were told one, then they are in the wrong.

The purpose of registering the car is to tell the authorities who is RESPONSIBLE for the car, not who owns it.

For example, my grandfathers old Astra was registered to him when he died and owned by himself and my grandmother. The car therefore came into my grandmothers ownership at the time of his death.
The car is now registered to my father who uses it, however, the car is still owned by my grandmother and remains part of her assets unless she sells it to my father. Thus, the car, which was brought from new by my grandparents, has only ever had one owner, but is now on its second registered keeper.
My dad gets the speeding tickets, car tax renewels etc, but he has no claim of ownership over the car.
Number of registered owners in log book - Altea Ego
Assuming they make a refund of part of the asking price

they wont

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Number of registered owners in log book - pd
The ballpark figure the additional owner makes is £0.
Number of registered owners in log book - Marc
You should have checked the V5, along with all the other paperwork, for yourself before agreeing to buy - never trust the dealer's word. You can also check online for free at :

www.rac.co.uk/web/vehiclechecks/dvla_lookup/

As has been pointed out already, when you bought the car, the V5 would show one previous owner therefore the dealer was technically correct to advertise as such. However once you registered the car in your name it will show two. I don't think you'll have much luck getting any sort of refund
Number of registered owners in log book - NowWheels
As has been pointed out already, when you bought the car,
the V5 would show one previous owner therefore the dealer was
technically correct to advertise as such.

Not really. By the time the buyer saw the car at the dealer's, the person still registered as keeper was a previous owner, having sold the car to the dealer.

But I agree that it's something that should have been checked beforehand.