rover 25 question - balaam
i am looking to buy a rover 25 2001 it looks and drives fine and has recently had a new gasket skim radiator etc the only thing that concerns me is that it states on the M.O.T advisory notes that "Metal PAS pipes to rack are coroded" does anybody know how much this part would cost to replace and the price of fitting etc (is it a big job?)
any advice greatly appreciated
rover 25 question - neil
No - (well, perhaps more accurately 'don't know' ) - but doing the head gasket again will be!

I would run away - once these are cooked they're never the same, according to trade legend!

Neil
rover 25 question - Dereksn51
Got to tell you I'm a real Rover fan(well I drive an 800) and Neil is right-there's no need to buy a car which has had major surgery-there are plenty of cars out there to buy-just pick one that's got a clean bill of health-this one hasn't!
rover 25 question - Civic8
What you mean is its had H/G replaced and head skimmed,I personaly would be wary of that alone, due to problem repeating itself in not too distant future if not done properly in first place.

Not certain of cost of steering pipes on 25,but high pressure pipes are between £50 and £90 without fitting on 414 -200 series,they are difficult to get to though
--
Steve
rover 25 question - balaam
many thanks for the replys
i know the gaskets can "go" again and was kind of putting that risk into the equation because of the price
but the issues seem to be not just the price of a part but the availabilty when it comes to rovers

i think i will give it a miss
rover 25 question - Collos25
To many people have their head in the clouds when it comes to Rover some nostalga thing hence the silly money punters are paying for 3 year old just registered cars.Put a good safe distance between yourself and and any suspect Rover. There are thousands of GOOD used cars out in the world ask yourself why on earth would I want a dodgy Rover