Ford Focus TDDi - cjh
I'm potentially going to look at a 2001 Ford Focus TDdi Zetec Estate today. I know they are not as good as the TDCi, but budget doesnt stretch to that. Its up for £2995 with 12 months warranty, but its got 123k on the clock (full main dealer history).

Is this a good deal? Is the mileage a bit too high even for the diesel?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Ford Focus TDDi - Blue {P}
Whilst it's not an incredibly cheap car, if it's in very clean condition and it's got the climate pack then it might not be a terrible deal, I would expect it on the road for that price though with some sort of 3 month warranty or something.

Blue
Ford Focus TDDi - bell boy
at least it seems an honest mileage rather than a clocked out ex repmobile.........
i would take it for a 10 mile drive and get an opinion if i was you,
im sure the garage will be happy to oblige if you have the right attitude with them? :-)
a phone call first perhaps?
Ford Focus TDDi - cjh
Ok thanks for the replies.
Will give them a bell and make my mind up as to whether its worth a trip.
Ford Focus TDDi - Stuartli
Whilst it's not an incredibly cheap car, if it's in very
clean condition and it's got the climate pack then it might
not be a terrible deal, I would expect it on the
road for that price though with some sort of 3 month
warranty or something.
Blue>>>

cjh states it comes with a 12 month warranty...:-)

Offer say £2,250 for it if it's OK - the price show is only a sticker version - and work from there.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
while sticking to hj"s policy as best i can and not being flippant i still have to ask

Stuartli "you cannot be serious?
Ford Focus TDDi - Blue {P}
Oops, that'll teach me not to scan read things in future!
Blue
Stuartli "you cannot be serious?>>

Why not?

The windscreen price bears little relation to what a buyer would pay if a) a part exchange is being considered or b) is prepared to haggle down the price.

Bidding low and then accepting something around half way between the offer and the sticker price is a well practiced tactic.
i wrote a reply but deleted it stuarti on the grounds that ita a nice summers sunday morning............

i can only summise that you must put a big red nose and size 20 shoes on when you go looking at three grand motors that you want to pay £2250 for.........................
>>I can only summise that you must put a big red nose and size 20 shoes on when you go looking at three grand motors that you want to pay £2250 for...>>

That is an arrogant assumption - I don't buy cheap cars. But nor do I pay more than I feel is appropriate for a vehicle.

Nor did I say I would want to pay £2,250 for this particular example. It was a starting point as you will be aware if you re-read my posting.

I'm well aware of the built-in margins used car sellers have when they price up a vehicle and I've also a pretty good idea what they will have originally paid for it.
£2250 at auction if as described is what you would have to pay at auction.
£2250 at auction if as described is what you would
have to pay at auction.>>

But that again is an assumption, not a fact...:-)