Fiat ducato been standing awhile - fiatduca
Hi people, as in the subject bar. I´m looking at taking over a Fiat Ducato 2000 thats been idle for around 18 months due to the owner being a bad lad, apart from the obvious ie. battery, will the oils and other fluids need to be changd before I crank it up. thanks.
Fiat ducato been standing awhile - mss1tw
What I would do would be to change oil, oil filter, brake fluid, check all the important bits like tyres, brakes, etc.

Then find a way of turning it over on the starter and crank it for a bit to get a film of oil going.

If these are a timing belt design you might want to check that too - and don't bump start it if that's the case.
thanks for that, I did forget to mention it´s a diesel though. Anything else I should look for?
Fiat ducato been standing awhile - Armitage Shanks {p}
HJ's FAQs No 44 is slightly relevant. You may find that the clutch plates have stuck to the flywheel and it may not engage/disengage properly.
In reply to the clutch plate point, what (if this has happened) can be done to separate them, can it be done easily or should it need major work to sort it.
Fiat ducato been standing awhile - autumnboy
How many miles has it done since its last service. ?

You'd be suprised how long these stay in storage before moving. I would change the battery if flat and check the oils, and check that rear brakes are not stuck on from where its been stored also check the tyres
Fiat ducato been standing awhile - bell boy
if the lads been bad make sure the numbers match first and you get the green slip :0