Car kits - Big Vern
Anybody know of a source to buy mobile phone car kit parts seperatly, Having changed my phone, I wish to change the car kit but do not want to pay the £189 for the full kit installed. Every scrapper I have talked to has never had a car with one fitted, I would have thought that the majority of cars with them fitted would be company cars, and so when written off they would be disposed of with the kit installed. All mobile phone outlets are not interested in selling seperatly. Ebay also tends to have the complete kits.... any ideas?

I am after the Control unit HFU-2 and cradle MCC-1 of the Nokia car kit CARK-91 and am replacing an older Nokia kit so all the old wiring, mic etc is common
Re: Car kits - ian (cape town)
vern,
I use one of those walk-and-talk jobs, with an earpiece. cost a few pennies, and is as effective
Re: Car kits - David W
Vern,

Our local FreeAds paper is full of that sort of thing, all selling from a mobile number. If you put a wanted ad in I guess the "boys" will even steal to your exact spec.

David
Re: Car kits - Big Vern
I often wonder were all the stuff on ebay comes from, as people often have a number of identical items to sell....
Re: Car kits - lada riva owner.
The reason people sell on the internet auctions is because its impossible for the government to track them (for tax reasons), so these guys can sell cheaply on auctions.

(99% of the items are legally bought, not stolen)
Re: Car kits - Andrew
And prey how do you know that young man???????
Re: Car kits - lada riva owner.
ahem...i..er...know people who do this. lets talk ladas, (quickly changes the subject)
Re: Car kits - Dave N
Try www.dashmount.co.uk
Re: Car kits - Mark (Brazil)
I am sure that the Pink Prat has some point somewhere, but in fact the majority of the electrical goods they sell are end-of-line surplus stock.

That stock which is left just before the new model comes out. An awful lot of it does not come from the retailer but further back in the chain.

Hence the significant saving comes from end of line, excess stock, and bought from wholesaler or distributor rather than retailer.

M.