VAG Platform Sharing - mss1tw
Another site I use for info (tdiclub.org) only make reference to the Audi chassis numbers (A3, A4, etc).

Does anyone know what the 1998 - 2004 Toledo used? I think it's the A4 chassis but I'm not certain.
VAG Platform Sharing - rtj70
Both the Toledo and Leon used the same platform as the Golf, A3, Bora and Octavia.
VAG Platform Sharing - rtj70
Forgot to add, the direction of how the engine in the A4/A6 is mounted means they are on a different platform to the Golf. Previous Passat was a mixture of A4 and A6. Trouble with the way an A4 mounts the engine lengthways is this intrudes on cabin space.
VAG Platform Sharing - rjr
I was under the impression that the old model Toledo was based on the VW Golf mk 4 platform which was also shared with the Audi A3.

In fact didn't the Toledo share the dashboard moulding (the top half) with the Audi?
VAG Platform Sharing - George Porge
In the good old USA

A is golf / jetta (vento and bora were marketed as jettas over there)

B is passat

A1 is mk1 golf, A2 is mk2 golf, A3 is mk3 golf, A4 is mk4 golf. Can you guess what a Mk5 Golf would be?
--
2 Dirty VW diesels and a Honda with an 18 inch blade
VAG Platform Sharing - adverse camber
Dont know what the toledo has but the A4 had two different chassis in that period. B5 chassis from 95-2001, and B6 from 2001-2004. then B7 onwards.
VAG Platform Sharing - y2k+4
Toledo and Leon are the SEAT versions of the Bora and Golf (97-04 times). All are on the same platform. I suspect the Toledo, Leon and Bora utilise the Golf GTi suspension, as they are all noticeably harder than the softer, standard Golf. The Audi A3 was the "prototype" of the chassis, the Skoda Octavia also uses it, as does the still current VW Beetle. The outgoing TT also got given this platform.
VAG Platform Sharing - mss1tw
Thanks all, that's very helpful.
I suspect the Toledo, Leon and Bora utilise the Golf GTi suspension, as
they are all noticeably harder than the softer, standard Golf.

I dread to think what the Golf is like then! Maybe i'm just used to the 306 DTurbo suspension, but I wouldn't call the Toledo's setup hard or sporty by any stretch of the imagination!
VAG Platform Sharing - y2k+4
Lol. I know what you mean, but trust me - it is most definately harder. None of them have the agility of a 306 or Focus...I doubt even the TT...