Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - Nickdm
Three months ago I paid a 10% deposit for the new Volvo C70... They still can't give me a delivery date, or even a build date! The UK importer has absolutely NO IDEA when the car might turn up, other than hopefully sometime in October/November.

Anyone seen any of these cars on the road?! I reckon that they have a production problem.

- But they are sitting on over 2 grand of my money, without any explanation or apology! Isn't this deception, or fraud? I feel like they're making a fool of me at the very least.

Anyone else been in a similar situation with another manufacturer? Suggestions on how I should proceed?

N.
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - PoloGirl
Perhaps it's yours that's been buried somewhere in the UK, to be found only with a treasure map you can pick up from your nearest dealer??

Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - peterb
Lexus have been having problems with delivery times on the new IS250 (up to 5/6 months).

As a result, they've been giving people (me included) courtesy cars until the ordered vehicle is ready for delivery (mine has now arrived).

Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - robcars
Why not ask for money back and tell them you are going to purchase different car from elsewhere? May provide a bit more customer service for you; and if not then you are best off going elsewhere!

if they cannot provide date of supply after 2 months of having deposit then they are running foul of laws andyou are entitled to money back unless you have signed anything saying you will wait as long as is needed.
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - Hamsafar
This is rediculous for a mass-produced marque.
Go elsewhere, you're just the victim of a 'percieved exclusivity' marketing trick.
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - Aprilia
This is rediculous for a mass-produced marque.
Go elsewhere, you're just the victim of a 'percieved exclusivity' marketing
trick.

I think it is more likely that there is problem with the car and they've either stopped or slowed production right down whilst they resolve. It could be the powertrain variant you've ordered that is causing the problem. Either way, I personally wouldn't hand over a £2k deposit on a car without being given a firm delivery date and some sort of condition (i.e. no price rises, loan car if not delivered by stated date etc).
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - HectorV50
Hi,

I have seen a couple on the roads in Cheshire ... looks excellent

Also saw 4 or 5 of them at a Volvo event at MIRA in Nuneaton this weekend. The Volvo product manager said there is a long waiting list for a C70 in UK.

The car looked and sounded fantastic.

I also saw the only new Volvo S80 V8 in the UK ... that was awsome !
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - DrS
Drove the C70 at Millbrook proving ground.
Much, much better than the old model, but still not as good to drive as the SAAB.
Also saw the S80 there.
Maybe it will grow on me, but at the moiment, I prefer the old model.
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - SjB {P}
Working in Goteborg last week I saw loads of the new S80 on the road between the Torslanda factory and the city; looks terrific with tight, well defined lines that are much smarter than the somewhat dumpy original S80; a model that lacked the perfectly balanced beauty of the S60 it sired.

Saw quite a few new C70s, too; very smart and again an improvement on the original version.
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - Paul Robinson
Walked past one parked in Bloxham near Banbury on Saturday night. Stopped for a quick look as we were with friends who've had a 2001 C70 from new. They said the local dealership phones regularly trying to interest them in 'upgrading' to the new one.
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - Avant
It's just come bottom in a What Car group test, won by the VW Eos with Astra and Megane 2nd equal. Get your money back and try something else!

It's apparently so heavy that even with the 2.4 engine it's underpowered. The Swedish tank lives on!
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - Pugugly {P}
Cracking C70 ad on the goggle box........

I prefer the looks of the Astra Twinroof, magic looks and if the build quality is in the same leauge as the 1.4 I recently drove it should be a good un. SWMBO has fallen for it as she swings to and fro in between her choice for a new car.................
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - Avant
Get What Car PU and see what she thinks of the Eos.

In our case SWMBO is a few years behind you as she's ordered a MINI One to replace the excellent but too-big Honda Civic 2.0. We think for local trips it's almost as nippy as a Cooper and rides more softly.
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - Pugugly {P}
She was present when TG tested it and she feels the Eos, whilst pretty, is a little bland........I like it though.
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - artful dodger {P}
I saw a C70 with the top down last night. Looked very nice. Nickdm I hope your car arrives shortly .

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
Does the Volvo C70 exist?! - Nickdm
I'm not expecting the car until October, and I don't actually mind waiting for it, but I'm rapidly losing loyalty and goodwill towards a manufacturer who can bank my money for 3 months but still be unable to confirm a build date or delivery date... Reckon they're taking the ***********