Nissan Micra inertia switch - Chris S
Does anybody know where the inertia cut-out switch is on a Nissan Micra, please?

My Haynes manual doesn't mention it, though it may be useful to know.
Nissan Micra inertia switch - bell boy
im quite confident they dont have one
Nissan Micra inertia switch - mickyh7
If its an older Micra,its attached to the Fuel Tank.Its a black plastic tube with a big Ball Bearing inside.If the car flips the ball bearing moves and stops the petrol flow to the engine.Dont know about the most recent (read ugly) model!
Nissan Micra inertia switch - jc2
Cut-out switches go back to the early days of fuel-injection;it was a safety requirement that the fuel supply had to cut-off if the engine stopped rotating.Most injection systems complied with this by wiring the pump relay to a signal from the distributor or equivalent.
Nissan Micra inertia switch - jc2
The "tube with the big ball bearing" or similar is fitted to most modern cars and is a legal requirement-it is called a "rollover valve".It is to stop fuel coming out of the vehicle if it should turnover.
Nissan Micra inertia switch - mickyh7
Well you learn something everyday! I didnt know that-cheers.
Nissan Micra inertia switch - Chris S
Thanks - if my car flips over re-starting the engine will be the last of my problems.

My 1997 Rover 100 (metro) had an inertia cut-out swith that turned the fuel off if you came to a sudden halt.

My 1997 Nissan Micra hasn't - I'm amazed at the higher Rover specifications, both in terms of build quality and equipment. It's a pity they didn't get their act together until it was too late.