How to treat a low annual mileage 306TD - John Kenyon
I've got a 306TD which used to do about 18k/year of mostly motorway mileage. This hasn't done it any harm

This is now going to turn into approx 7k/year. I won't be getting rid/replacing the car for at least a year - I want at least one year of low depreciation!

Do any of you have any recomendations regarding servicing/maintainance as I am loath to fork out for a full service on an 6 month interval basis, rather than an every 10 months with on a mileage basis.

The car won't be used for short journeys (i.e. anything less than 10miles).

Thanks in advance

/John
Re: How to treat a low annual mileage 306TD - John Slaughter
At a guess this car has a 9k or one year service interval. So decent service once a year with a halfway oil and filter change should do it. 7k a year isn't that low.

regards

John
Re: How to treat a low annual mileage 306TD - Andrew Tarr
I would have no qualms about oil & filter changes every 5000 miles, with brake-fluid, coolant, fuel filter and cambelt changes every 3 years or according to mileage. With an occasional shot of injector cleaner, diesels just about look after themselves.
Re: How to treat a low annual mileage 306TD - Ian Cook
I'd be more concerned about the type of mileage this 7K is going to be. If the car is being relegated to tootling down to the shops/school run etc. then I would recommend changing the oil/filter twice per year.

A local bloggins should be able to do that OK for a fairly small sum, then you can have the Peugeot dealer do the 6K service for the official service record book. Anyway, that's what I used to do with a 205 and it seemed to work.

Ian