VW Touran Longlife Servicing costs - charlesb
I've had my Diesel Touran for nearly 2 years, and the service light has not yet appeared, but it's due imminently.

I haven't spoken to my local VW dealer for longlife servicing costs, but I'm hoping someone here has experience.

Does any know what a reasonable price for the service is?
Is it worthwhile going to a SEAT or Skoda Dealer to get this done cheaper than VW.

Thanks in advance
VW Touran Longlife Servicing costs - Altea Ego
Charles,

Mine is booked in next monday week for its first service.

Service now came on at 18,500 miles, and 11.5 months old. Check out www.clubtouran.net and ask there - you will get a good ide of cost from those guys.

As for Seat or Skoda, bits of the Touran (specially its software - it was prototype for new golf/passat platform) are fairly unique to VW only.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
VW Touran Longlife Servicing costs - kenl
I have a mkV Golf, not a Touran but the prices should be similar.

I paid £135 in total for the first service in my Golf at 18k miles.

Discussions on the Golf forum show wildly varying prices up to about £250.

Some dealers are charging 1.6 hours labour when they should only charge for 0.9 hours.

I would suggest you ask how much labour they are charging if when you phone for a quote it is over £150.

Please post back how you get on.
VW Touran Longlife Servicing costs - Roly93
VaG service costs do vary wildly depending on the part of the country you are in. My Audi 1st service was £250 in South Wales but £320 in the Thames Valley. Even £250 is steep considering my car is mechanically similar to the Touran 1.9TDi.
VW Touran Longlife Servicing costs - Dr Rubber
A basic 1 year interval oil change (1st service) is around 1 hour and £60 parts IIRC. However, at two years you will also need the brake fluid changing (~£40-50) and pollen filter. As TVM says have a look at www.clubtouran.net as there are several threads on this subject.
Joe
VW Touran Longlife Servicing costs - charlesb
Thanks for all who replied. Looks like it may be around £300 mark, what with the Oil change, Inspection, and possible Pollen Filter and Brake Fluid change.

TVM, how did yours go?
-------------------
VW Bora (51) 2.0 SE
VW Touran (54) 1.9 TDI
VW Touran Longlife Servicing costs - Altea Ego
Its next Monday. (ie on friday it was Monday week!)

Checked the oil this weekend (didnt want it going in with no oil!)

Impressed. I have done approx 12k miles in this (it had 8k on the clock when i got it) and I have added 3/4 litre of oil top up in that time. Its currently on halfway. At least its not an oil burner.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
VW Touran Longlife Servicing costs - cheddar
Impressed. I have done approx 12k miles in this (it had
8k on the clock when i got it) and I have
added 3/4 litre of oil top up in that time. Its
currently on halfway.

Impressed?

My Mondeo used 1/2ltr in the first 10k and has not used more than another 1/2ltr since, now 108,000 miles, it has done 5.5k since the last service and is still on full.
VW Touran Longlife Servicing costs - cheddar
Meant to say that 18k is IMO much to long between changes even if it is done in a few months though 18k over two years without an oil change! The Mondeo is scheduled for 12.5k changes though I have had it done at nearer 10k which has been a max of 6 months.
VW Touran Longlife Servicing costs - Roly93
Impressed. I have done approx 12k miles in this (it had 8k on the clock when i got it)

To come to this chaps defence after that bit of 'hair-splitting', the VaG diesel motors always do this, ie 3/4 litre in 10-12L miles and then settle down to fairly negligible oil consumption thereafter, unless thrashed to within an inch of their lives....

Edited, as per HJ's and my recent request - www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=42612

DD