dubious mot - ablandy
due to a clerical error, one of our super high mileage company cars had to have an mot organised v quickly. Our usual "trusted" mechanic couldnt do it in time, so it went somewhere else.

oh dear. It failed on eight points. two new tyres apparently (funny, it had two new rears this week and the fitters didnt think the front needed changing, neither do i). So far so unsuprising. A couple of points that i wouldnt have a clue about, so will give benefit of doubt. Then my personal favourite. According to the mot test, it has a 40mm crack in the windscreen in zone a. Right in the drivers vision then. I cant see it! my engineer cant see it. No one can see it!

makes you wonder about the rest of the points. The car is now off the road until my trusted mechanic can look at it.

how can an mot tester sign off on a blatantly incorrect document?

will let you know what our normal mechanic has to say on the matter.

dubious mot - artful dodger {P}
Sounds very like someone trying to get lots of work. Either get your regular tester to do the test or another trusted tester. If the new test passes the vehicle then report this tester to the Vehicle Inspectorate.

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
dubious mot - ablandy
apparently where it went will not do work on this brand of vehicle. It went to the wrong centre anyway (i wanted it to go to a company that we have used in the past who have always been fair, but someone got the name wrong when looking it up on our system and sent it to the garage that looks after the ex-md's premium brand german convertible ).

im v unimpressed by it and look forward to our usual chap giving his opinion.
then i certainly plan to progress this. You do have to accept expert opinion on a lot of things, but any numpty can tell if there is a 40mm crack in the screen or not!

dubious mot - local yokel
While I can imagine someone being officious/imaginative about an item under the car that the average punter can't see or ID, I'd be surprised if they would try to make up a crack directly in front of the driver's view.

Have you asked the tester to point it out to you?
dubious mot - mfarrow
If you can, get the MoT done again as soon as feasibly possible, that way there will be less time between MoTs, and the 'dodgy' garage will be less able to argue that the work had been carried out between the two tests when VOSA come knocking.

--------------
Mike Farrow
dubious mot - ablandy
i had asked my engineer to get them to point it out to him when he was there, but he didnt (couldnt be bothered, was getting late, wanted to get home.....or forgot, whichever you want to believe).
Its being looked at on tuesday, unfortunately i think it will be about a week until its MOTed again, because of the work that it may well need. Assuming parts of the mot are correct.

I do believe it was a mistake, because no garage would make money on windscreens (£50 to the insurance and its all sorted). I just feel that they shouldnt be making such a stupid mistake though. In my opinion it places all of the other points in doubt.

I will inform the relevant authorities, more so they are aware of it and that this site needs some looking at rather looking to get anything back from it.

To clarify, this is a main dealer of a major german premium brand.

dubious mot - martint123
Follow the procedure on th enotice of failure form or VOSA won't touch it.

www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/carlgvowners/mottesting/appea...m

Martin