Any ideas what the plane is? - Chicken Vindaloo

www.jumpingpixels.com/carrera.html

This is a race between a jet fighter, a bike and a Porker. The caption says the jet's an F16, but if it is, I'm the Pope.

I reckon it's either a Jaguar or a MiG23. However, I'm leaning more towards the MiG because they're waved off with an Eastern European looking flag.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,
CV

{Link made non clickable, as video clips soak up HJ's bandwidth. Copy & paste into your web browser URL bar to view. DD}
Any ideas what the plane is? - Happy Blue!
Dassault Mirage? Saab Viggen?

Definately not an F16 or F15. The air intakes are all wrong.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Any ideas what the plane is? - Mudguts
It's not a Jaguar I think you are right about it being MiG of some type.
Any ideas what the plane is? - Happy Blue!
If its a MiG its a 23 or 25.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Any ideas what the plane is? - Armitage Shanks {p}
I can only work out what it isn't! Not Jag, F16 or anything Dassault/Mirage IMHO. It is some sort of fairly old Eastern bloc basic/advanced jet trainer of some sort and it is not a Delphin 'cos I googled it and it came up with something else!
Any ideas what the plane is? - Imagos
I hate these car v plane v snail v bike races that appear in the media every now and again.

What's the fastest? Schumacher's Ferrari or a Saturn 5 rocket, the Tortoise or the hare?

Boring.. Who knows.. Who cares..
Any ideas what the plane is? - Roly93
It's not a Jaguar I think you are right about it
being MiG of some type.

Its very hard to tell, but I would have said it was a Jag especially looking at the undercarriage and the air intake shape.The only other aircraft I could guess that it was could be is a J22 Orao, a little known Yugoslavian (I think) advanced trainer/light strike fighter design.
Any ideas what the plane is? - Onetap
No idea. Try here, they'll know;
www.pprune.org/forums/
Any ideas what the plane is? - Armitage Shanks {p}
I used to fly Jags for a fun-filled living and it isn't a Jag! The man who says Orao wins the prize IMHO check out this link please.

www.combataircraft.com/aircraft/fj22.aspx

Thanks Armitage and Roly - an Orao it is then. I wonder if the plans for the Jaguar found their way to Yugoslavia way back in the dim and distant Cold War...

DD - Sorry for posting a clickable link and thanks for correcting it. I'll remember not to do the same thing next time.

It just goes to show, if you need to know something, the Backroom is the place to ask!

All the best,
CV
Any ideas what the plane is? - midlifecrisis
An Orao it is. It was built with advice from Sepecat, who built the Jag. Yugoslavia built the Gazelle under licence at the same time.
"An Orao it is. It was built with advice from Sepecat, who built the Jag."

That explains everything then - I knew there was some Jaguar in there somewhere. The word "Sepecat" takes me back years to leafing through Airfix catalogs waiting to earn my next lot of pocket money ... (grin)
Any ideas what the plane is? - Pugugly {P}
BiL confirms the Orao. He flies fast jets and thrashes my old 330d.
Any ideas what the plane is? - AlanGowdy
Imagos is right - these are pointless exercises. The bike will usually outrun them both off the line, the car will then catch it up and the plane will shoot past them both like they are in reverse by the time it reaches flying speed.

Years ago I went to a British GP at Brands Hatch (yes, it was that long ago) and was suitably impressed by the cars screaming round the track... until Concorde and the Red Arrows did a fly past and put them into a whole new perspective.