Accord Diesel oil change - Statistical outlier
Question for you chaps.

I'm the paranoid type, and I never trust garages to change things when they say they have. I can't find the oil filter on my CDTi Accord, which just had it's first service at a main dealer. So, first question, could anyone tell me which panel it's under?? (I never thought I would struggle to find an oil filter!)

Second question - how clean should I expect the oil to be after 10 miles driving? It's not filthy, but it's definitely already started to blacken a bit. Do I assume that this is residual oil in the engine after the drain, or is the cynic in me right that the filter change might have been skipped?

I'll stop being paranoid now.

Cheers,

Gord.
Accord Diesel oil change - Xileno {P}
Can't help with your first question but regarding the second you will find that a diesel will blacken its oil very quickly so I would not be concerned about it.
Accord Diesel oil change - DP
I agree with Xileno. My Mondeo's oil is only ever clear when it's first put into the engine. As soon as the engine is run it starts to go dark and is jet black after a minute or so of running.

My mk2 Golf diesel was the same - it's a diesel thang!
Accord Diesel oil change - grease monkey
Gordon,the oil filter on your accord is mounted on top of the engine at the front closest to the righthand headlight,it is a paper element type fitted within a black plastic housing,it is incredibly straight forward & easy to change,i suspect that the colour of your oil has happened because of residual oil left in the engine like you said.
--
if it aint broke don`t fix it
Accord Diesel oil change - Dude - {P}
Many main dealers are not draining oil now via the sump plug, but are using suction pumps to save time and maximise their profits.

Under this system you are going to get even more of the old blackened oil to immediately discolour the new.!!!!
Accord Diesel oil change - Bill Payer
Many main dealers are not draining oil now via the sump
plug, but are using suction pumps to save time and maximise
their profits.

That may be true but there's also a health and safety aspect - they don't like the old oil sloshing about.
Under this system you are going to get even more of
the old blackened oil to immediately discolour the new.!!!!

Vaccuming the oil out has been common in the US for years and they reckon, in tests, it gets more out. Some engines (like Mercs) are designed for this (and Smarts don't have a drain at all). I guess on others it depends on the fitter shoving the drain tube all the way in!
Accord Diesel oil change - Xileno {P}
Lots to read here about sucking the oil out:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=t&t=36...7
Accord Diesel oil change - Statistical outlier
GM - Cheers mate, I didn't even think of looking for it on the top! Shows what expectations can do for you.