BMW Mille Miglia concept car - Sofa Spud
I've been looking at the photos of BMW's latest MM (Mille Miglia) retro concept car inspired by their 328 Touring Coupe which won the Mille Miglia race in 1940.

While it might turn heads at motor shows, I do hope this car doesn't point the way for future BMW styling. In my opinion it is one of the most hideous automotive creations ever! Put it alongside the Morgan Aero 8 and I'd have difficulty deciding which car is ugliest. A bit of Z4 'flame surfacing' on its front wings shows that even Bangle's design themes have now found their way into BMW's heritage. If this car is the best they can do without Chris Bangle perhaps they'd better get him back! As for those spats over the rear wheels despite the arches being flared, doesn't that largely defeat the object of the spats in the first place, namely streamling.

What should be done with the BMW MM, then? After all the work that went into it it would be cruel to say it should be put in a crusher so I hope it is bought bay some rich collector who stores it out of the public gaze indefinitely.