Rover 75 diesel - adverse camber
OK, I know there has been a lot of discussion about Rovers etc.

My father has been offered a Rover 75 diesel with 15 miles on the clock for £6K - A local (to him) trader has apparently got a batch of them coming in. Sales are going to be to the first people with the cash.

Sounds too good to be true ? What should he look at / for ?

I understand they were registered last year and have just been released by the administrators.
Rover 75 diesel - quizman
Having looked on Autotrader it sounds too good to be true, but if you get a 15 mile 75 diesel for £6K, will you get me one as well.
It will do if the Passat ever goes wrong.

Rover 75 diesel - Altea Ego
£6k my willy. If these cars ever turn up at that price let me know as well, I shall be down there with a fist full of fivers so fast you wont see the dust settle.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Rover 75 diesel - bell boy
you really want to dig deeper OP before you buy one of these
Rover 75 diesel - adverse camber
I agree - I think it sounds too good hence the post. I wondered if anyone knew anything about cars being disposed of.

The cars will supposedly be arriving towards the end of next week, so until that actually happens I am not holding my breath.
This rumour of thousands of 75's held up by the liquidators and hitting the streets at silly prices has been circulating for 6 months or more.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Rover 75 diesel - Thommo
I too have heard these rumours and hereby bet one bacon roll and a cup of coffee from the canteen at Blackbushe that they are true.

However I would still think carefully before buying. If you want a new car to run for 5 years and then dispose of then pull their arms off.

Anything else think careful. Even at this price they will depreciate like a rock off a cliff because without getting labeled a Rover basher again lets be honest virtually nobody wants them and the parts situation is unclear.
Rover 75 diesel - Pugugly {P}
I'd buy two for 12k and keep one as a parts donor though. Should get more than 6k in components on Ebay as well !
Rover 75 diesel - David Horn
Can you get one for me too?
Rover 75 diesel - Xileno {P}
Me too.
Rover 75 diesel - Thommo
Actually Pug buy a few to dismantle for spares is not a bad idea if you have the space. I reckon the spares situation ain't even that rosy now despite all the reassurancse so a few years down the line...
Rover 75 diesel - smokescreen
I hear the badge is a good anti-theft device, could I buy that off you please :-p
Rover 75 diesel - Stuartli
>>virtually nobody wants them and the parts situation is unclear.??

Plenty around here and, what's more, some of them are used for taxi work.

Plenty of places advertising spare parts as well around the UK, as a quick Google will indicate.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Rover 75 diesel - Thommo
Well I'm off down the pub. Nobody taking my bet?
Yes Thommo I am.

If these things dont turn up next week you owe me boy.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Rover 75 diesel - Civic8
Apart from condition,check out what is offered warranty wise,then check out the small print.

Traders usualy offer an extended warranty on top of their own,buying one without is not a good idea,but some have exclusions which may make it a bad deal,BUT suggest you be very carefull on this side of it as you could end up with problems not covered
--
Steve
Rover 75 diesel - mrmender
For that price go for it it. Never mind the rover knockers on this site, you are buying the 1 and only Rover model worth buying.
only thing is they don't make em any more... Shame!
Rover 75 diesel - Stuartli
>>you are buying the 1 and only Rover model worth buying.>>

Second that. Very classy and great ride quality.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Rover 75 diesel - mss1tw
I thought the latest ones were victims of Operation Tightwad or whatever it was called, and had cost cutting measures put in wherever they could.

One that sticks in my mind is no rear antiroll bars.
Rover 75 diesel - NowWheels
At that price, I don't see how you could go wrong. Even if it ends up off the road for a while waiting for spares, the price saving over anything similar would let you hire a replacement as needed and still be quids in.
At that price, I don't see how you could go wrong.
Even if it ends up off the road for a
while waiting for spares, the price saving over anything similar would
let you hire a replacement as needed and still be quids
in.

hahaha
Rover 75 diesel - Murphy The Cat
speak as you find

my Rover 75 Conn SE CDTi ran for 4 years /64000 miles with just 2 (or 3) headlight bulbs as non service items.

Silent running, highly specced, very refined, economical, powerful enough to keep me happy, etc, etc.

A great car and one FROM MY EXPERIENCE I could happily recommend to you.

MTC

But Murphy The Cat would you pay 6 grand for a car where the manufacturer has bubbled? the car has been on an airfield for the best part of 16 months (minimum)its got a dedicated rover injection system on it that very few people understand,and after all this if the parts cant be found you would willingly hire a car as nowwheels has said until the parts can be found?

nothing wrong with the car basically when we had a dealer network and a full workshop with knowledgeable staff behind the scenes to fix them,they have now gone so with the best will in the world the ace technician cant ring up the factory for an update can he?

the dodo is dead ...........let it rest in peace.
Rover 75 diesel - Murphy The Cat
But Murphy The Cat would you pay 6 grand for a car where the manufacturer has bubbled?

From my experience - definitely - you're talking £6000 here.

As for the parts issue, there is post after post after post on these boards saying that parts are freely available.

MTC
Rover 75 diesel - Thommo
Murphy,

I usually get howled down as a Rover knocker and you are right there are posts after posts on THIS board saying parts are freely available but do a quick look around the net and there are dozens of stories on other sites about Rovers being off the road for a few weeks because there is a run on part X.

As I say £6k is a pull your arm off price for a car to run for 5 years and then scrap.

But if you want to sell a year down the line who will buy?

TVM is on with the bet although I should point out I an in Asia until the end of June but will be happy for him to buy me the comestibles late June early July.

Getting exciting this.