Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - PhilDews

BMW 850, mid to late 90's.

Does this make me:

a. insane
b. blind
c. Someone who truly appreciates a classic modern car, a car of my youth, that really sums up the in-yer-face yuppe mentality.

0 t0 60: 5.8secs, 20mpg, 380BHP, 5.6litre V12. What more does a man want? Oh, insurance group 20 as well.

So, who wants to have me sectioned and who agrees? Oh, and I seem to remember Adam wanted a V6 a while ago - how about this - its not a V6 but a V12, see twice as good.....

------------------------------------------------
Drive Your Way - If anything can, TerraCan
-----
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - blue_haddock
Fantastic looking vehicle with performance to match - i'll certainly consider one for my stable when i finally match all 6 numbers.
its actually got better with age. it seemed a bit out of place in the 90's, but now its some sort of retro-king!
-----
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - madf
all three options.
madf
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - stevied
My friend Danger Matt has one.
It's fantastic.
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - Group B
Cant see anything wrong with your idea at all Phil. I dont think you need lottery money to buy one, there are a fair few on Ebay and Autotrader for under £10k.
I've always quite fancied a Porsche 928S4 or 928GT; but I'm currently saving up a house deposit, I do too many miles, theres no room on the drive for a 3rd car, etc.
I always thought the 850's front lights looked a bit awkward when popped up, but having said that the 928's headlights are pretty funny looking...
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - George Porge
I'll join the oddball club, who wants a new supercar when £10k will buy you 80s/90s supercar / bahnstormer fun.

Urquatro, 928, 944 turbo etc
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - Lud
968 ClubSport
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - Nsar
I was sore tempted last year but the insurance scared me off along with the prospect of big bills and I found it surprisingly sluggish and the interior is decidedly dull
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - barchettaman
Definitely a car that is improving with age, the 8 series, as is the Porsche 928. I´ve seen a number of mint examples here in Frankfurt and it is a breathtaking design, all IMHO of course.
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - stunorthants
Id either have a 1980's Bristol or a Maserati Biturbo, mainly because people would be forever asking what it was!

Saying that, theres such a long list of cars id have if I could have a collection. Id pass over the 850 myself and get a M635i instead - lusted after them when I was a kid.

Only thing I wouldnt have is a Ferrari or Porsche - way too obvious.
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - grafen
BMW 850 - count me in too. Ace motor.

Budget £20k - £10k to buy perhaps, but put another £10k in the bank for repair bills...
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - Avant
Late 1930s Lagonda, and for every day back to an Audi - no more German taxis.
Rich (& others), whilst the annual bonus would buy a decent car, the lottery win is required for maintaining, insuring and fuelling the thing....

But its certainly a good idea!!
-----
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - Adam {P}
An 8 series would do me nicely Phil!
I thought we'd lost you there Adam. I knew you'd pop up eventually.

I'm still looking, but I don't think I can either: Persuade the wife that with a baby and another on the way a (practically) two seater is a sensible choice, neither do I think my employers would let me use the car allowance & fuel card on an 8 series...

Still, a weekend car it would be nice as...
-----
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - P 2501
8 series?

Nothing wrong with that choice at all. I always thought they looked great.
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - Stuartli
Not odd in the slightest.

However, if I won the lottery (would be a miracle as I don't enter it!), I'd buy a harem of vehicles, each selected to suit a particular driving requirement.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Am I odd? If I won the lottery I'd buy a - Sofa Spud
If I won a big jackpot I'd still drive a fairly ordinary car most of the time - probably a new VW Touran TDI. Then I'd buy a selection of more interesting vehicles, some old, some new, plus somewhere to keep them. I don't think there'd be a Bugatti Veyron or any Ferraris, Porsches or Lamborghinis or similar in my stable though.