Mondeo Wet Drivers Carpet - Vinnie
I have an S reg estate that has wet carpets at the drivers feet. I cannot find where it is getting in, I have resealed the underside of the floorpan in the area. Has anyone else had this problem and were you able to fix it please ??
Mondeo Wet Drivers Carpet - Dynamic Dave
Through the pollen filter housing maybe? Check the cover is on securely.
Mondeo Wet Drivers Carpet - mike hannon
Maybe faulty seal at side or base of windscreen. You'd be amazed how far water can seep...
Mondeo Wet Drivers Carpet - jc2
Had any work done on the driver's door??
Mondeo Wet Drivers Carpet - kithmo
Most likely it's the plastic membrane behind the drivers door trim that is split or has come unsealed at the edges. Rain water from the window runs down and leaks out inside the bottom door frame rubber seal, hence wet carpet.
Mondeo Wet Drivers Carpet - sirdave
Definately go for the cabin filter box, make sure it is located securely & then duck tape over the joint along the join at the top. Botch but no one will see it. Worked this one out after eliminating everthing else, still could not work out though how water got from filter box to drivers floor, but it did
Definately go for the cabin filter box, make sure it is
located securely & then duck tape over the joint along the
join at the top. Botch but no one will see
it. Worked this one out after eliminating everthing else, still could
not work out though how water got from filter box to
drivers floor, but it did

Cabin filter is on the other side, leaks into the passenger footwell.
Thanks for your reply.
The door membrane was damaged and I have now rectified that.
I also found a small gap in a welded seam by the lever for the fuel filler flap. I have plastered this in mastic now. There was a small puddle beneath that lever and it looked like water was tracking down the bundle of wires that runs along the floor from the forward door pillar. There was a little water stain from a hole just beneath where the bundle enters the pillar. That is sealed now.
I'm going to drive it with the carpets up for a while to gain some confidence !!
Thank you again. Vinnie.
Mondeo Wet Drivers Carpet - sirdave
Hope that does the trick if not go back to that cabin filter. I know its on the wrong side but that water travels along somehow behind the dashboard & comes out by gas pedal/bonnet pull
Hope that does the trick if not go back to that
cabin filter. I know its on the wrong side but that
water travels along somehow behind the dashboard & comes out by
gas pedal/bonnet pull

?????? The bonnet pull is up on the steering column on the Mondeo and the heater unit on the passenger side, there's no way the water could travel across. I think you may be confusing it with another model.
Mondeo Wet Drivers Carpet - jc2
Probably means fuel filler /boot pull!!
To all of you who replied to my query on wet Mondoe drivers carpet. Sorry I have taken some time to reply to you all but yesterday was the first day of heavy rain here in Somerset!!
It seems to be OK now but what a job. I even took the wing off to see where it was coming in. There has been a replacement wing fitted before I had the car and it seemed to be coming in from somewhere inboard of the inner reinforcement below the bonnet hinge. It is all welded so can't see exactly. Looking under the dash I removed the ECU and immobiliser boxes to find a 1.5" irregular shaped cutout in the structure where it was actually coming in so I covered this with aluminium shim & silicone sealant. OK, I havn't cured the problem as that was tied up with the wing repair but at least I have stopped it coming inside.
Thanks again to all of you. Best wishes, Vinnie.