Passat Aircon Service - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
After urging from other Backroomers had the 4 1/2 year old Passat a/c serviced.£59 total. Inspection, removal and weighing of contents (390g instead of 600g) refill plus insertion of dye and lubricant.
Used CarAircon Services, Beehive Road, Chesterfield 01246 238284 who did a conscientious and careful job.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Passat Aircon Service - P 2501
That is very useful to me as i need mine servicing (not as cold as it could be) and i am near there.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Passat Aircon Service - Dave N
Kwik-fit in the south east are now doing a/c services, as long as the system is currently working. I think they're going to charge £45 all in.

{I've removed some of the comments that were posted about kwik-fit following this post, as I felt they contravened the sites no naming / shaming rule. However, I did rescue Dave N's comment from one of the subsequent postings that I deleted as it explains Kwik Fit's a/c proceedure. - DD}

"they've got fully automatic machines and comprehensive instructions that take them through the job from start to finish. The machine has the refrigerant capacity for each car, and it weighs the oil recovered and automatically puts the same amount back in. So in theory, if they follow the instructions, all they have to do is connect the machine, pick the correct vehicle off the database, and hit the button. You should also get a printout as well. "

Passat Aircon Service - Aprilia
Kwik-fit in the south east are now doing a/c services, as
long as the system is currently working. I think they're going
to charge £45 all in.

Hmm.. Just so long as we get PAG46 in the system and not a shot of 5W-40 !!
Passat Aircon Service - Group B
That is very useful to me as i need mine servicing
(not as cold as it could be) and i am near
there.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Ditto for me too. Was going to get mine done in Nottingham, but I work in Chesterfield so thats more convenient.

One question if I may: How long does it take? I assume its a 'while you wait' operation?
Passat Aircon Service - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I pre-booked and it took only half an hour.
Answered lots of silly questions from me while he was doing it as well.Recommended.
--
Passat Aircon Service - rip
I pre-booked and it took only half an hour.
Answered lots of silly questions from me while he was doing
it as well.Recommended.
--

I was under the impression a recharge service should take around an hour?

In fact i need mine recharging and the first question im asking is how long does it take, anything under an hour i get the impression they are skipping corners. Does not the vacuum of the system of all the moisture take 30 mins on it own? Then on top of that weighing the contents, leak check add the oil and dye etc. would take it to hour mark, maybe i am misinformed
Passat Aircon Service - Aprilia
Typically around an hour, or a bit more.
I take my cars (my own and any I am working on) to a local chap who charges me £40 all-in. He'll come out to me for another £10.

First recover the old gas (15-20 mins or so).
Then vac right down - and leak test if system was low (30 mins or so).
Then recharge - 10 mins.