aa loan advert - Temp name4
I Dont know if iam goiing to make a fool of myself but,

the bloke that was in grange hill who buys the volvo off himself
(im sure theres a joke in there somewhere regarding the "just say no" drugs canmpaign they did"

when he looks under the bonnet on the red one why does he sniff the oil filler cap?
its it some sort of way to test the cars reliability in one fell swoop?

anyone who has a volvo will tell him its not the smell of the oil but the cost of the headlight bulbs he should be worried about!

aa loan advert - Craig_1969
I had an S80 I know what you mean. I thought smelling the oil was a pink fluffy dice thing to show on an advert, rubbish advert. Who would borrow money off the AA anyway? Not me for sure, I would be funding their rubbish adverts if I did!
aa loan advert - Ian G
The stereotypical thing for a car buyer to do is kick the tyres.

Maybe the AA advert gurus wanted something a bit more "off the wall" for their character to do instead?

Anyway, I've always thought that bloke was daft after he stalled his 440 in the first advert...

Ian
aa loan advert - just a bloke
And why has the girl in the advert got someone elses hips on?
aa loan advert - Temp name4
CRAIG, have the cuts healed nicely on your fingers?
aa loan advert - David Horn
I (really, really, really)<- sum to infinity hate that advert. Mind you, all the AA's recent adverts have been rubbish.
aa loan advert - blue_haddock
However they have got people talking about and remembering the ad's so at least the marketing department have done their job properly.
aa loan advert - AlastairW
Doesn't the smell of the oil mean something? I seem to remember one of the guys on 'Scrapheap' sniffing the oil for the smell of burnt toast or something like that, which apparently indicates a cream crackered motor.
aa loan advert - bell boy
I think you are on the right track as well used diff oil always smells pretty mank.
Once had a customer dip his trotter into every cell on a battery and lick it off,dont ask i dont know and was so amazed i never asked,but he did buy the car......
havn"t seen the tv advert as tv is now in the pre summer stage and finding something to watch is pretty hard even with free view.
aa loan advert - johnny
My Dad used to stick his middle finger into petrol (or similar) and lick his first finger. Always got a reaction and fooled us as children for years.
aa loan advert - frazerjp
The actor in question was not in Grange Hill, the guy in question runs his own shop somewhere in East London despite suffering an injury from a car accident which prevented him from continuing a boxing career.
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
aa loan advert - blue_haddock
Sorry Frazer but it is the same bloke from grange hill (stewpot)who plays Kev. uk.imdb.com/name/nm0120987/