Saab 9.3 for OAP mum - john
My mum currently has an old 216 rover that she has owned from new, however it's getting a bit outdated and I'm casting round for a replacement.

Priorities are safety and reliability and ability to do the odd long motorway slog in comfort.

I've found a 98S Saab 9.3 2.o se manual at a good price(sub £6k from a main dealer), does anyone have any experiences good or bad of this model, particularily at high (90k) mileages?

Thanks
Re: Saab 9.3 for OAP mum - D Tomos
see previous thread on saab 9-5 and..
Saab-900.com
saabnet.com
townsendimports.com
aandasaab.co.uk
Re: Saab 9.3 for OAP mum - Pete
My partner has an 9-3 turbo diesel. It is very comfortable but she finds it hard to park, from the point of view of "seeing the corners" and judging the size of the car. I think your mother might find it a very "big" change from a Rover. The power steering etc make parking a doddle but it is quite a large car! Can't help on the mileage but the only problems in 3 years have the been the replacement of the complete a/c system (under warranty) and one of the remote key boxes (about £50), it fell to bits!
Re: Saab 9.3 for OAP mum - john
Thanks for the reply,

One of the reasons for opting for the 9.3 was that is relatively narrow, I think parking may well be a challenge, I'll make sure she trys it on the test drive.

cheers
Re: Saab 9.3 for OAP mum - David W
John,

Whichever of the 216 series she had they were both quite handy to park. The Saab is quite typical of modern shapes that make them hard to place in traffic or park.

On reading your post my first thought was there must be far more compact cars still with a high degree of quality and safety.

David
Re: Saab 9.3 for OAP mum - Graham
That's a fair swap!