Mondeo TDDI or TDCI? - v8man
Can someone explain the difference to me as I'm looking for a diesel and like Mondeos?
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Mondeo TDDI or TDCI? - Ian D
TDDI - old technology direct injection diesel, economical but unrefined compared to modern common rail diesels, a bit tractor like, hence cheaper than the TDCi

TDCi - modern common rail diesel, refined, smooth, more horsepower, economical and much better to drive, hence more expensive than TDDI
Mondeo TDDI or TDCI? - googolplex
Neither of them has 8 cylinders :)

The TDDi is the old Diesel lump that was in the early Mk3 Mondeos. The TDCi is a common rail engine that replaced this. Not certain about the extent to which the newer engine is based on the old but I read somewhere that the TDCi was derived from the older engine.
You'll want the TDCi with at least 130bhp - a fine beast, not without its gremlins but a great drive. A joy every time...
Splodgeface
Mondeo TDDI or TDCI? - barchettaman
Upsolute will chip the old TDDI lump from 115 BHP to 148 BHP.

But I bet it´ll still be old and clattery.
Mondeo TDDI or TDCI? - cheddar
>>The TDDi is the old Diesel lump that was in the early Mk3 Mondeos.>>

This was a totally new engine in late 2000, 2ltr twin cam 16v chain driven. It was originally fitted with a direct injection system designated TDDi, there was not much wrong with it though it was not quite as punchy as a VW 1.9 TDi 130 nor was it quite as refined as a Renault 1.9 DCi.

The same engine was fitted with a Common Rail injection system at the end of 2001 then designated TDCi, this engine has changed very little in 4.5 years and is still leading edge in refinement, power, torque and economy.
Mondeo TDDI or TDCI? - machika
The same engine was fitted with a Common Rail injection system
at the end of 2001 then designated TDCi, this engine has
changed very little in 4.5 years and is still leading edge
in refinement, power, torque and economy.

>>

I have seen comments on here that it isn't always very economical.
Mondeo TDDI or TDCI? - v8man
Thanks for your replies chaps.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"