Seat Cordoba Vario - oilfilter
Need some help here. We are looking for a small estate and we came across a V reg Cordoba Vario Estate 18i for a good price.
Now... I can't find any info on this model, the records (Parkers, HJ) showing that only a 1.9 diesel came to the UK in 1999.

There are cordoba 1.6 saloon but I can't find anything on a 1.8 petrol estate from 1999. Is it worth looking at it? it is a RHD car but where was it sold originally?

I am afraid that if we buy it, it will be a pain to insure though the 1.8i might be the same as VW GTi lump from the Golf.

Any info out there? (Google is usless at this stage)!
Seat Cordoba Vario - George Porge
Brother has a Wreg TDi, bought off ebay 120k miles needing a rear bumper and timing belt replacement. Paid £1250, good car same as the polo estate. He had a Cordoba GTi before and changed over to the estate for no extra charge with the insurance co. A bit of an unsung hero the Cordoba family if you ask me, cheaper to buy than a Skoda.
Seat Cordoba Vario - local yokel
Don't want to sound silly, but are you sure it's 1800? Autotrader lists 13 Cordoba estates across the UK, 5 x TDi and 7 x 1600. No 1800s. The Polo estates are all 1400/1600 petrol or TDi. Since it's the same line that produces both badges, it'd be my guess that no 1800s rolled off it for the UK.
Seat Cordoba Vario - Dr Rubber
Can't help with the engine, but these cars are great in diesel form. The only problem is limited rear legroom, especially with a tall driver, and problems getting group 0 car seats to fit. Other than that, they offer the best of both worlds.
If in doubt over the car, it may be better to find an SDI or TDI one.
Joe
ex polo SDI estate driver.
Seat Cordoba Vario - PW
Would agree with Lokel- can't ever remember Seat making a 1.8 of these either.

I had a 1.9TDi saloon and was a fantastic car. Was very reliable. Boot on it was huge- the Mondeo we swapped it for didn't seem able to take a great deal more.

Sold it to a colleague of a friend, and 2 years on he is still really happy with the car.