Number plate fixings - Rats
Does anyone know where to get hold of number plate fixings that allow easy changing (for trailers). I have use of three or four trailers with two different towcars, so it would be really useful to be able to keep the appropriate plate in each car and then slide them in or clip them on to the trailer when needed.

BTW I'm looking for them to fit square plates.

Thanks in advance
Number plate fixings - pmh
A reel of plastic tape has always sufficed for me, although bungee cords may be a better solution. They may have the advantage of accidentally obscuring your number plate! Fix the plate to a larger piece of rigid plastic, like facia board or window sill to make temporary fixing easier, particularly for a square plate.

Remember to read the whole question befre starting your answer.

--

pmh (was peter)

Number plate fixings - Stuartli
>>They may have the advantage of accidentally obscuring your number plate! >>

Illegal.

I would have thought that two vertical slots would quickly solve the problem - just ensure that the top of the number plate has a retaining method, otherwise it might bounce out on some of our roads...:-)

See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=41...6
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Number plate fixings - Dwight Van Driver
Can you not drill holes, one either near edge of the no plate and through the bodywork of the trailer ? Then use long bolts with butterfly nuts to secure down.

...or if it a trailer plate do likewise through the plastic board.

dvd
Number plate fixings - Simon
Get in contact with a place that sells commercial vehicle parts (truck and trailer) in your local area as the thing you are after is a number plate holder that can normally be found on articulated vehicle trailers. They will be able to sort you out very easily. Almost all articulated trailers have these, to allow for easy number plate swapping according to whichever truck is towing the trailer that day.
Number plate fixings - Rats
Thanks Simon, that's the sort of thing I am after.......does anyone know a CV place in the Portsmouth/Southampton area that would be worth a shot??

Cheers
Number plate fixings - R75
Where to start!!! there are plenty in Southampton, just off the bottom of the M271 is the DAF/LDV dealers, they will probably do them, failing that there is the MAN dealer on the Calmore Ind Est at Totton, You could also try Hendy Iveco in School Lane Chandlers ford, Pitters Commercials in West end - to name but a few - Sorry, don't know many in Portmouth, but there is a DAF dealer there.