Legend or Camry - Greg R
I am looking to buy one of the above cars.

I have looked all over the Autotrader and local papers, and can't find a good low mileage one which my dad really wants.

He lives in Brighton, I live in London. Where else can I get one of these cars from. Any ideas of auctions that sell them?

Thanks
Legend or Camry - bell boy
they were never bought for low mileage they were Q cars i would be very suspicious of a low mileage example and all the associated problems low mileage would incur.

buy the best with a proper fsh
Legend or Camry - mlj
Camry. There are four in the Toyota network. £5K to 14K for an 04 with 16 K miles. Neither more than 100 miles from you.
Guess it will be cheaper than Legend; both to buy and maintain.
Legend or Camry - nutty_nissan
Both are nice cars to drive. Unless your dad wants a big torquey engine for towing etc. (3.5V6 Legend-thirsty for what it is) then go with the Camry 2.2, or even the 3.0V6 if you must have some added oomph.

Best examples will be in dealer networks. Alternatively, find out where ex-pats from Japan in London buy their cars from, i.e. this place www.jemcarsales.co.uk/
Legend or Camry - Greg R
I saw this really nice camry equivelant

www.centralmotor.net/stocks.php?dsp=on&rank=off&ds...2

Is it worth a look at. It looks pristine from the photo's.

Legend or Camry - drbe
Best examples will be in dealer networks. Alternatively, find out where
ex-pats from Japan in London buy their cars from, i.e. this
place www.jemcarsales.co.uk/

>>

Are they a bit pricey, or is it my imagination?
Legend or Camry - drbe
Why don't Toyota import the Camry now?

Quite a few countries do have the Camry eg

www.toyota.com.au and quite a good selection of models.
Legend or Camry - Xileno {P}
To prevent overlap with Lexus maybe?
Legend or Camry - blue_haddock
Because they weren't selling - when people are spending that kind of money most opted for the 'prestige' of a basic BMW or mercedes instead.
Legend or Camry - nutty_nissan
Indeed, Camrys are sold in vast quantities in North America, Middle East and Australasia. Essentially, they sell in societies that are not based on the "class" system that we Brits have..i.e. where a product is bought because of how well it does the job
Legend or Camry - MW
A new Camry in the USA cost about $20,000 or £12,000.
see www.edmunds.com/new/2006/toyota/camry/100566038/pr...l
Wonder why they sell so many?
Legend or Camry - Stuartli
Both are nice cars, especially the mid-1990s Camry models; the latter is likely to be more widely available as, IIRC, more were sold than the Legend.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Legend or Camry - drbe
A new Camry in the USA cost about $20,000 or £12,000.
see www.edmunds.com/new/2006/toyota/camry/100566038/pr...l
Wonder why they sell so many?

I was about to make the same comment about price. I have just come back from Oz, the cheapest Camry there is $Aus 25,000, which without splitting too many hairs is about £12,000.

In my opinion that is a lot of very reliable motor car for not very much money.
Legend or Camry - P 2501
I see from the link above that is for a 2.4L model too.

Alot of car indeed.
Legend or Camry - Stargazer {P}
I see from the link above that is for a 2.4L
model too.
Alot of car indeed.

Toyota (Australia) used to do a 2.0L 4 cylinder as well...but neither of the 4 cylinder versions sold as well as the V6 3.0L so the 2.0L was dropped.

Similar story at Mitsubishi....the Magna used to be available with a 4 cylinder 2.4L but this was dropped in favour of the 3.0L V6.

Regarding price comparisons...locally (ie asia-pacific region) cars are very good value in Oz, imported cars are not such good value. The Camry for the Oz market certainly used to be built in Oz.