Big miler Saab 9-5 - jpfarrello
I have seen a Saab 9-5 advertised at £6250, S reg (Sept 98) 2.3T alloys, climate control 104,00 miles. It has a computer print out with a full service history from Saab leasing. I have seen it and driven it. For a 3 and a half year old car it seems a good deal. Should I be worried about the mileage, blown turbos and knackered cats or hope it goes to 200,00 with no problems? Would you get an AA check? Your informed thoughts please
Re: Big miler Saab 9-5 - Rob F
The price might be a bit high, but the mileage is nothing to fear. It's only a glorified Vectra. With preventative maintainence (simmering the turbo, full fluid change and 5k oil changes etc.) it is likely to take the same mileage again.

Rob F
Re: Big miler Saab 9-5 - Steve
I would not be worried by the mileage. I know they are not the same cars but i have been in 3 taxis in Lisbon today - interested to see how far the Mercedes diesels run for. The kilometer reading on them was 790k (240D), 673k (C200D) and 340k (E250D).
Re: Big miler Saab 9-5 - Richard Hall
The only way this car can have done 30,000 miles a year is if it has been used mainly on long distance motorway runs (unless it is an ex taxi, which is unlikely, but be suspicious if the rear seats look more worn than the front). Given this sort of use, and regular servicing, a Saab should last pretty much forever.
Re: Big miler Saab 9-5 - ladas are slow
look at a recent previous saab thread, and you will find an address for a website that has high mileage saabs (the lowest mileages are at about 200K)
Re: Big miler Saab 9-5 - ladas are slow
its saabnet.com
Re: Big miler Saab 9-5 - Matt
I have got a 9-5 , 98 R with 135000 miles. Cost £3000 from a local auction. No problems at all. Ps 2.0 LPT

Matt
Re: Big miler Saab 9-5 - Phil
Can't see it being a Taxi - too expensive and thirsty. Probably just sat on the motorway at constant speed which is the best place for a car. Sounds like a good buy.
Re: Big miler Saab 9-5 - Honest John
I've been involved in a few deals for these cars in the past. They are part of a fleet that picks up Business Class passengers to take them to and from the airport for their flights. So they are all the good things about a private hire car (lots of miles clocked up quickly, properly serviced and kept immaculate) and none of the bad things. Readers who have bought them have been more than happy. But I'd stick to the SAAB engined SAABs rather than the GM V6s. (I don't think British Aeroflot offers this service, but Virgin and Singapore do and Malaysia has been known to send out a helicopter)

HJ
Re: Big miler Saab 9-5 - Dafydd Tomos
if these are derived from vectras - does a clutch change require lifting the engine??
Re: Big miler Saab 9-5 - ROBIN
I dont think they are derived from vectras,are they?
the 9/3 was derived from the cavalier,and Saab nearly achieved the impossible by making it half acceptable.
The mileage is low,for a SAAB!
Does HJ know if they run estates?
because if they do then I want one,urgently!