Renault Laguna -help please - DaveKent
Hi. I'm thinking of buying a Renault Laguna. It will be around the R or S reg.

Is there any bad points I should know about this car?

I've not owned one before so I dont know what to look out for.

I've been told they can have electical problems, but is that on the newer shape one's?

Are they a good car or will I find myself cursing I bought one.

I've had a few cars in my life and wanted a change. I've never owned a Renault.

Many thanks for any help.
Renault Laguna -help please - Altea Ego
see the Car by Car breakdown on your left
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Dont be put off tho, they are quite tough old boats and comfy to drive. Avoid the autos and watch out for the heater matrix going or gone (damp carpet and strange smell)
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Renault Laguna -help please - Round The Bend
I ran a P reg 2.0 RT from 0 - 80,000 miles. I remember it as trouble free and a nice car to drive. Don't recall aircon so I would be tempted to go for the RXE to make sure you get it.
Make sure that all electrical components are working.

_______
IanS
Renault Laguna -help please - DaveKent
I have been told some Laguna's suffer from electrical problems. Does anyone know if this is the old shape Laguna's, the newer shape or the brand new shape?

Cheers,

Dave
Renault Laguna -help please - dagwood
I had a P registered 1.8 estate and drove it for 27,000 miles, was a very nice car and was ultra reliable with just routine servicing.This had the 8 valve engine which has a reputation for being very reliable, not so sure about the later 16 valve engine.
Renault Laguna -help please - blue_haddock
It's french so of course it suffers electrical problems!
Renault Laguna -help please - Pugugly {P}
In fairness, it would appear from the Laguna websites that the earlier version is less prone to almost everything. I had to do some research of a (as it turns out) well known problem with the "resistor pack" on the climate's fan on a fully loaded R reg totally lavished with neglect by a neighbour, never been serviced for me to know. He has owned it since it was 18 months old. It's in very goood nick considering. The fan is the only thing thar's ever broken on it..