GPS and PDA's - Dave E
I have a chance to buy an O2 PDA at a bargain price. I believe a Tom Tom nav system can be used with it. Any body here have use or knowledge of either?
GPS and PDA's - Statistical outlier
Tomtom on a Windows CE or Windows Mobile PC works well. I use it all the time. You can check for specific device compatability on the Tomtom website - it should tell you if you can use it with the PDA you're considering.

The kit consists of a pack with the software and aerial, and then a second pack with an appropriate mounting and power lead for your particular PDA. Not as neat as an integrated solution, but much more flexible, and you can add points of interest/speed camera databases etc for free.
GPS and PDA's - Dipstick
The camera databses aren't free any more are they? Tom Tom's own is 39 euros, whatever that is in sterling, and the pocketgps one that was free for a long time has just gone subscription only, at about 25 quid a year. Are there others?
GPS and PDA's - Altea Ego
The pocket gps one is the best and I think 19 quid a year (or two pounds a download) is a steal.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
GPS and PDA's - Dipstick
It's nineteen is it? I agree with you. I spent four long days making the darned thing work on my Sony Satnav; but now it's there it's great.
GPS and PDA's - nozmeister
I use the tomtom software on a Palm TX along with a bluetooth GPS receiver. I think it's pretty good although it picks some interesting routes sometimes. From my analysis tomtom seem to come up the best in reports but customer service is a bit dodgy.

I installed the pocketgps software easily on the SD card - I think there's still a free download but you need to pay to get the updates.
GPS and PDA's - Statistical outlier
CheckPOInt is still free and pretty good. Only problem with it tends to be that you get multiple cameras indicated where there's only actually one. A product of the distributed way they collect the camera locations.
GPS and PDA's - R75
I use TomTom 5.2 on an XDA11i, works very well, can even use a bluetooth headset whilst tomtom is running - it just mutes the voice instructions but leaves the map to view (a bubble pops up to tell you who is calling). Only thing to remember if it is the XDA11i you are getting is that it is very sensative to the SD memory card you use - The Transcend 80x seems to be the best and I have had no trouble with it.