VW Bora wiper problem - The Lawman
I have a problem with my Bora (2110 vintage) and its windscreen wipers.

There appears to be a very poor contact between wiper and glass, particularly at any kind of speed.

I initially thought it was time to change the wipers, and replaced them with Bosch wipers (with a spoiler)but have noticed no improvement.

One can clearly see that the wipers are passing over the screen and leaving smears and droplets "unswept" behind them. If the screen is dirty, it takes lots of squirts of fluid and wipes to get the screen remotely clean.

Is there something wrong with the say the wipers are set up?
VW Bora wiper problem - Roly93
To be honest, if you mean its a 2001 car, you would almost certainly need new wipers, unless the car has been kept in a garage and hardly ever used.
I've replaced the wipers (whole units not just the blades) twice in the year that I have owned the car.

and yes, sorry, I meant 2001 vintage!
VW Bora wiper problem - Peter D
When did you lubricate the wiper arm pivot pin and associated assembly. Check the tension spring is OK. Regards Peter
The answer to your question peter is never! i will lubricate these bits tonight. Will white grease be ok?

I assume I am checking the spring for signs of fatigue/stretching? What exactly am i looking for?
Yes and Yes. Regards Peter
Ok, lubricated last night and checked springs (which appear fine) but still no improvement. Any other thoughts?
VW Bora wiper problem - Statistical outlier
Have you managed to get car wax on the windscreen? There was a thread on here a while ago with tips for cleaning the windscreen before replacing blades to get around a problem I seem to remember was similar.

I'll have a look when I get the chance.
I wash with the autoglym shampoo which doesn't have wax in.
Clean the windscreen with meths then wash with soap and water. rinse. Also clean the blades with meths. Regards Peter