mini disc thru radio - sierraman
A friend of mine has a new vehicle,fitted with a Panasonic radio CD player(model CQ-C111OAN).She wants to play music thru it off a mini disc.We have connected it using the phono inputs on the back of the Panasonic unit but,presumably,there must be someway of selecting this input,which we cannot find.Anyone know how to turn on these inputs?
mini disc thru radio - SpamCan61 {P}
Are you sure those phonos on the back are inputs? A quick web surf suggests the CQ-C111OAN only has a preamp out, not external inputs
mini disc thru radio - charlesb
I'm surprised that these are inputs. Do you have the manual for the Radio to check?

Usually, Phono connections on the back of car radios are pre-outs that allow connection to an amplifier, so that young people with souped up cars can ensure that everyone else can hear their music too!
-------------------
VW Bora (51) 2.0 SE
VW Touran (54) 1.9 TDI
mini disc thru radio - SpamCan61 {P}
The only way I can see of achieving this is to use one of these gadgets, never tried it myself mind you :-

www.pocket-lint.co.uk/review.php?reviewId=548
Thanks for the replies,yes,it seems these are outputs,I would have thought inputs would be more useful,so assumed.....my next question was'is there a gadget'so I shall have a look at that SC61,cheers.
Update-their are two types of these things,one transmits to any radio tuned to it,the other plugs into the aerial socket,thereby avoiding interference.We have gone for the latter,£30 from Maplins,called an FM modulator.