VW Golf Mk3 - Directional tyre question - VR6
I need 3 new tyres on my car. I have narrowed it down to Toyo Proxes T1-R in a 205/50/R15 size. Two questions...

1. I have a Pirelli P6000 on the rear nearside which is a couple of months old and does not need replacing. Is it advisable to have one (Toyo) directional tyre on one side and the non-directional Pirelli on the other of the same axle?

2. I am ordering via a web based tyre seller. Do I need to tell them which side of the car the new directional tyre is going on?

Thank you
VW Golf Mk3 - Directional tyre question - Statistical outlier
It's a bad idea to mix tyres on an axle. Could you not relegate the Pirelli to a spare?
VW Golf Mk3 - Directional tyre question - Peter D
The direction of the tyre is fixed by which way round they out it on the rim. If you want to use the P6000 buy another one and put them on the back and the different make on the front. Regards Peter
VW Golf Mk3 - Directional tyre question - Dynamic Dave
2. I am ordering via a web based tyre seller. Do I need to tell them which side of the car the new directional tyre is going on?

No, they are not unique to one side of the car or the other. Depending on which side of the car it's going to be fitted on, you fit it one way around, or the other on the wheel rim. The tyre fitter *should* know which way around to fit it. There will also be an arrow on the tyre prompting him anyway.

As per other reply, best not mix a different brands on the same axle. Why not just order 2 directional Toyo's and one Pirelli?
VW Golf Mk3 - Directional tyre question - VR6
My main reason for not getting another Pirelli P6000 is that I dont like them. I only had one fitted as I got a puncture and I had no choice.

However, I think I will take the advice and get 1 Pirelli and 2 Toyos.

Thank you.

In response to an ealier question, I cant relagate the current Pirelli as the spare is a space saver.

VW Golf Mk3 - Directional tyre question - cheddar
I would get 3 P6000s, better really to have the same tyres alround and there is not much wrong with P6000s. Also directionals are a pain if you need to move them around, I know, I have them on my Mondeo.