Stiff clutch pedal - Nissan Primera - jbyron
My 1997 Nissan Primera has a stiff clutch pedal. Sometimes more stiff than others.

What can I do/have replaced to give it the smoothness of a new car? I realise its not a new car but I am assuming that there must be some component that could be replaced.
Stiff clutch pedal - Nissan Primera - Aprilia
Assuming the pivot pin is not siezing (try a bit of spray lubricant) then it will probably be a case of fitting a new clutch cable - a very easy job. Allow 1 hour max. The cables are about £45 from a dealer or somewhat less (say £30) from a factor.
Stiff clutch pedal - Nissan Primera - pmh
Whilst I do not know this car, it may be worth removing clutch cable, and allowing oil to dribble down it, before 'working it' to see if it frees up. Works well on old Mk2 Golfs.

--

pmh (was peter)

pmh - unfortunately, I'm no mechanic but interesting to hear that things might not always need to be replaced...
Is this something that can break/fail if not replaced, or is it just a comfort thing?
Stiff clutch pedal - Nissan Primera - Altea Ego
If its stiff, yes it will break unless replaced or cleaned out.

Being stiff its probably weak now so change it.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
TVM - and if its been like that for years?...Hint taken.

Thanks
Stiff clutch pedal - Nissan Primera - MW
When accelerator cables and clutch cables start to get stiff, they are telling you something, i.e. they will snap just as you are setting off for that wedding invitation. Best replace it and then you can sleep at night.
Stiff clutch pedal - Nissan Primera - pmh
When they start to get stiff they are telling you that they need investigation of the cause. Lubrication can (and does) work and rules out that the cause is more complex, like seized pivot points or imminent clutch failure! If they have been like it for some time, or they are starting to fray, then yes it may be wise to replace if you are dependent on the vehicle and are not confident to drive it without a clutch (or on a fixed accelarator setting) on the Sunday afternoon when it does fail and all the motor factors are closed. However if you running an old car with a limited budget the rules of bangernomics apply.
--

pmh (was peter)