rover 620si brake bleeding - dollygolfmids
my dad had a little crash.. not his fault and not much damage fortunatly! but it damage a brake pipe. from the ABS unit to the rear brake. being a bit of a DIY man, hes replaced the pipe and manually bled the brakes.

now they stop the car fairly good, to a dead stop, but definatly feel spongey when compared with before. is there a method you have to follow to bleed the ABS pump?

haynes manual is on its way from ebay lol!
rover 620si brake bleeding - Peter D
A little crash that damaged a brake pipe doed not fit together very well. What did he do leave the road or something and damge the underneath of the car. To bleed this sytem takes two people or a pressure bleeder so tell us what he did to bleed the system. Brakes are important. Regards Peter
rover 620si brake bleeding - dollygolfmids
im a mechanic for bmw.. but i dont know rovers, i believe the brakepipe got pinched how i dont know, the wing is dented and bumper scuffed and cracked. so he replaced the pipe, and used another person to manually bleed the brakes, pump the pedal push it down. bleed. lock off bleed nipple. and continue. im taking it to my work friday to use the pressure bleeder but i was wandering if you had to activate the pump to bleed it. and if so do u need the stuff that plugs into the car to activate it.
rover 620si brake bleeding - MW
I have always bleed abs systems just like non abs systems in the usual way, starting with the wheel furthest away from the master reservoir. Never had a problem with an Easibleed power bled system. I use to have terrible trouble as a lad bleeding the textbook way with the old jam jar etc. A VW mechanic told me that on the upstoke the system will suck in air via the nipple threads. I thought it odd, but when I tried next, it was true. If doing it manual the technique is...
open nipple
peddle down
close nipple
peddle up
open nipple
peddle down
close nipple etc.
I went over to Easibleed 15 years ago as it allowed me to do a solo job. Works perfectly.