Don't all rush! - fray bentos
My local Ford dealer is having a sale where they are promising fantastic reductions on the approx 200 cars they have.The advert promises no haggling,special prices,bargains etc. but only one car per customer as they are so cheap! I thought I'd better take a look! WHAT A RIP OFF! All they have done is take about £500 off the prices. OK, thats not bad if the car is £1995 but as their stock is mainly comprised of 6 months to a year old top end mondeos/focuses at£13 to £18k,I can see another super sale next week.Just as I left, I saw a salesman look at a 2 year old mondeo priced at£17995 and then wrote on the screen,wait,yes, a bargain £17695!
Don't all rush! - Roly93
Obviously a synical sales boost ploy dreampt up at their Monday morning sales meeting !
I suppose you can't blame em for trying. If you want a bargain nearly new Ford go to Trade Sales in Slough.
Don't all rush! - Stuartli
>>If you want a bargain nearly new Ford go to Trade Sales in Slough.>>

But avoid the lassie who races up to you shouting at the top of her voice...:-)

She's only an apprentice saleswoman....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Don't all rush! - Big Bad Dave
On the subject of optimistic sales people I recently saw a 10-year old Polonez going for 14000 zloty, which wouldn?t leave you much change from £2500. About the same as what I paid for my 5-year old 406 V6.

What would one fetch in the UK?
Don't all rush! - Happy Blue!
You'd have to pay me to take it off your hands...
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Don't all rush! - Xileno {P}
I doubt whether any FSO's exist in the UK now. If one does, maybe £50 with an MoT?
Don't all rush! - blue_haddock
I doubt whether any FSO's exist in the UK now. If
one does, maybe £50 with an MoT?

There is at least one running round Stoke as a taxi.
Don't all rush! - Lud
Along with the first front-drive Lada which looked similar, Polonez is a good candidate for the most grotesque and awkward looking car of the last 30 years.
Don't all rush! - P 2501
Thats the one clarkson played conkers with isn't it?

The FSO polonez "leisure".

Awful.
Don't all rush! - fossyant
Slightly off topic, like the last few posts re FSO's :-

I was very surprised to see a early Lada (the old fiat 126 wasn't it) doing a very steady 70 on the M60 recently. I nearly died. Fairly good condition ? - I think it was white, but was actually green - covered in the green algae/moss you get when something has been stood for years. It can't of had a MOT ! Couldn't believe it was moving !
Don't all rush! - Big Bad Dave
Our magazine crashed a tram into a knackered old Polonez for a feature on safety last year, and the following week we were inundated with letters - not about the serious issues raised by the article, but because we destroyed a perfectly good car.
Don't all rush! - Pugugly {P}
perfectly good car.

That's two things that the Polonez never was and only the third by dictionary definition only.
Don't all rush! - L'escargot
I saw a salesman look at a 2 year old mondeo
priced at£17995 and then wrote on the screen,wait,yes, a bargain £17695!

Look at it another way. That's £300 less profit. If they did that on all the deals they do their year-end financial statement wouldn't be anywhere near as good. Like any other business they are in it to make money. Just like you when you negotiate your wage and take your wage packet!
--
L\'escargot.