daewoo matiz cambelt?????? - Matizman
Has anyone even bothered to change a cambelt on a matiz i have just been handed one down as my car! and the cambelt has snapped firstly is this car a safe engine or not and how easy is it to fit a new cam belt? Any help please!
daewoo matiz cambelt?????? - Dynamic Dave
Some, if not all Daewoo's use GM engines. I remember seeing under the bonnet of a Daewoo Lanos and recognised the engine as being the same as an Astra engine.

Anyway, is it an 8 valve, or 16 valve engine? Couldn't guarantee it, but if it's an 8 valve, it *may* very well have not caused any damage. 16 valve engine on the other hand....

No idea how easy it is to replace a belt, but if it is the same as a GM engine, it's fairly easy.

Looking at the car-by-car breakdown in the red menu bar on the left, it says "Timing belt and tensioner pulley replacement at 40k miles or 4 years whichever comes first is critical." This is the same as Vauxhall's recommendation, so it may well be a GM power plant.
daewoo matiz cambelt?????? - Aprilia
The Matiz is not a 'GM' engine (although it is only in the sense that GM now own Daewoo).

Its a little 800cc 3-cylinder unit. You are supposed to check the belt every 2years/20k and replace every 6 years/60k. They are very very easy to do - about 1 hour's job.

If its snapped then the valves will most likely have been damage and the engine will need stripping and checking/rebuilding....sorry..
daewoo matiz cambelt?????? - Dynamic Dave
The Matiz is not a 'GM' engine

Sorry for any misleading information. As previously stated though, I've only seen under the bonnet of a Lanos, which looked like the Astra powerplant.