Ford Focus audible warning? - Pete Mansell
I have never been aware of an audible warning on my 1998 Focus 1.6LX. Last night during a short journey, there was a loud bleep, about 1 second long, apparently from behind the dashboard. This happened 3 times within 15 minutes, and each time there were no unusual warning lights etc.

The car is totally standard, with no trip computer, ABS, extra packs etc. The temperature last night was around +1, but as far as I know there is no outside temperature warning unless a trip computer is fitted. And anyway, I have never heard this before in the 5 years of owning this car.

Has anyone any idea what this bleeping could be trying to tell me. The handbook doesn't give any clues.

Many thanks, Pete
Ford Focus audible warning? - Peter D
www.ffoc.co.uk/forum/ I recal reading something about Brake System Failure audible warning so check with ford ASAP Regards Peter
Thanks for that tip, Peter. I will check it out - I hadn't thought of a brake problem
Ford Focus audible warning? - AlastairW
Didn't Adam have something similar with his Focus recently?
Ford Focus audible warning? - Dynamic Dave
Hi did, but I don't think it was ever resolved.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=38558
Ford Focus audible warning? - Adam {P}
Nope - never resolved.

Pete - sorry to split hairs but was it a beep or a bong? If it was a bong then as Dave has linked to above, I had a similar problem but never found out what it was.

Interestingly, the day before yesterday, Mum was moving my car out of the drive and she said when she opened the door to get it, it made a bong noise. That was with no key in the ignition or anything.

I've never heard of a brake warning noise but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Mind you, my brakes seem perfect.

I'd be very interested if you ever find out what it is.

Cheers,

Adam
Ford Focus audible warning? - Victorbox
Intesting that you mention a bong when opening the door. My Zafira will, I've only just discovered, go bong once if any door is opened before the vehicle is completly at rest, but not if the car is completely stopped. Only the dash door open warning light comes on then. My teanage kids try to leap out before I stopped completely. Perhaps the Focus is detecting a door not properly latched?
Ford Focus audible warning? - Adam {P}
I wish it was something as easy Victor but our poxy Fords just have some little red light to warn you. Nothing as fancy as a bong. Even then it only does it when the ignition is on and not when you're getting into the car.

I don't know about Pete but both occasions with mine have been when the car has been very cold.
Ford Focus audible warning? - Victorbox
I didn't know the Zafira had a bong until it did it last week and I've had it two months. I have a poxy red light as well. Normally no sound, it just lights up, but then there was this bong out of the blue. I eventually worked out it was my daughter pulling the door leaver inside the car before the car had completely stopped. Try unlatching your Focus door in a safe place at walking pace perhaps??!
Adam, It's definitely a beep (about 1 -1.5 seconds long) rather than a bong. There has been no recurrence during the last 2 days. Interestingly when my car did it, the temperature was also well down, around 1 degree above freezing.

I am now pretty sure it isn't brake related. There is no ABS and the system is very simple - brakes work perfectly and fluid is OK.

Pete
Ford Focus audible warning? - cheddar
Sure it is not temp related, many Fords have frost and ice warning lights with an accompanying bong or beep that can be switched off.