1995 24V Immobiliser problems - Lethal
Hi

I urgently need some advise please. I have a 95 Ford Probe and it won't start. The garage has said it was the distributor - which has now been replaced - but unfortunately it seems there is now a problem with the factory fitted immobiliser. It isn't a Bosch it is a TEMIC.

Does anyone have any idea of where to locate the information on bypassing this so I can pass it to the auto electrician. Alternatively, does anyone know of any AE's in Edinburgh familiar with the Probe?

Thank you

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/07/2008 at 01:08

1995 Ford Probe 24V Immobiliser problems - jc2
Remember that the Probe is a Mazda with a Ford badge.
1995 Ford Probe 24V Immobiliser problems - Lethal
Would I be correct in assuming that you are saying to contact Mazda regarding the information I require?

Thanks
1995 Ford Probe 24V Immobiliser problems - jc2
They may well know more about it than a Ford dealer;ask.
1995 Ford Probe 24V Immobiliser problems - fourbee
hi,
why do you say your immobiliser is a temic,as a 95 probe should have a bosch immobiliser
1995 Ford Probe 24V Immobiliser problems - injection doc
Take the imobilizer apart & resolder. very common issue years ago with dry joints. You need to be very carefull but it will have a dry joint.
Rgds I Doc
1995 Ford Probe 24V Immobiliser problems - Screwloose
Doc

Check the date; this is another rave-from-the-grave.

[I'd have thought that it would have a Bosch VIM 125 too?]
1995 Ford Probe 24V Immobiliser problems - injection doc
thanks screwloose, didn't spot that! used to do those by the dozen!
I Doc
1995 Ford Probe 24V Immobiliser problems - Screwloose
Doc

Me too; weren't they a joy to get out on Granadas.... Blood everywhere.
1995 Ford Probe 24V Immobiliser problems - Geoff Shaw

Hello

I have a M re 16v probe with a Bosh immobiliser. The car does not start. I suspect the immobiliser and have located and removed it. I read on a Ford Probe owners club technical document that the immobiliser can be by passed by connecting three sets of wires. I have done this on the detached plug only- but the car just turns over Do you know if the plug then needs to be refitted to the immobiliser for it to start?

thank you

Geoff Shaw

1995 Ford Probe 24V Immobiliser problems - elekie&a/c doctor
It depends where you have done the by-pass repair. If it’s been done in the Bosch box, then it needs to be re connected . If it’s been done on the wiring before the box, then no . Leave the box off.