Anyone heard of this company? - Flywheel
I am in the process of replacing my wife's Yaris with a new model (T3 5-door 1.3l). I cannot get any discount off my local Toyota dealer's list price of £11,120.00. However, on the internet and Autotrader I have come across Costcocars offering the same model for £9,620.00 (choice of colours and less than 40 delivery miles on the clock). I have been told I can collect the car from a particular authorised Toyota dealer.Has anyone used this company, and if so, did everything run smoothly? Anyone have any ideas how they can sell at this price? Could they have been damaged in delivery etc. Look forward to your responses.
Anyone heard of this company? - local yokel
CostCo Cars Address The Larches Kilmeston Road Kilmeston Hants SO24 0NJ Tel.08707 550 235 www.costcocars.co.uk/
Thanks Local Yokel. Do you know if they have a good reputation?
Anyone heard of this company? - Bill Payer
I'm always put off ny company's that use national rate phone numbers.

I wonder if they were in business before Costco the discount warehouse came to the UK?
The address in their T's & C's is:
Winchester Enterprise Network Limited, PO Box 95, Alresford, Hampshire, SO24 0WD

If you want to return a car under DSR it has to go back there - wonder how you return a car to a PO Box?
Bill - thanks for info.

Unfortunately, I have to show my ignorance and ask you to kindly explain 'T & C's' and the signifance of returning a vehicle under DSR?

Since I posted the initial enquiry I have 'trawled' through Autotrader and noticed Costcocars offer new cars from several other manufacturers, all at considerable saving to list price and available for collection at authorised dealers!

Should I count my blessings and accept there are other ways of buying a car other than at list price or proceed with extreme caution? Comments welcomed. Thanks.
Unfortunately, I have to show my ignorance and ask you to
kindly explain 'T & C's' and the signifance of returning a
vehicle under DSR?

Terms and Conditions (there's a link to their's at the bottom of their webpage.

DSR is Distance Selling Regulations. In some ways this gives you more protection than buying at a dealer. Basically it means that if you conduct the whole transaction without ever meeting anyone face to face then you can reject the car within 7 days for whatever reason and get your money back.
Since I posted the initial enquiry I have 'trawled' through Autotrader
and noticed Costcocars offer new cars from several other manufacturers, all
at considerable saving to list price and available for collection at
authorised dealers!
Should I count my blessings and accept there are other ways
of buying a car other than at list price or proceed
with extreme caution? Comments welcomed. Thanks.

On the face of it they're no different in the way they work from any other broker. The reference 'good guy' in this field is probably www.carfile.net

blue_haddock, who frequently posts on here, used to work in a Toyota dealer, so may be able to offer some relevant advice.
Thanks, Bill.
Anyone heard of this company? - mikeyb
Could they
have been damaged in delivery etc. Look forward to your responses.

No more likely than any other car - looks like they are just pre regs that the dealer used to hit his figures.
Anyone heard of this company? - pmh
Have a look at
www.drivethedeal.com/options.asp?manuf=TOYOTA&mode...9

cheaper, well established broker. Ring them and ask for Laurence Kampel and mention this site.

I am using them at the moment and they have been well organised and efficient. I will report further after delivery.

--

pmh (was peter)

Thanks, pmh. Will have a look.
pmh. Had a look at this site and the pricing of the Yaris was almost identical. However, to achieve this price I had to enter into a £5,000 credit agreement at 12.9% with a Toyota dealer, although I could cancel it after 4 or 5 months. Why complicate a deal - I have the cash, and do not want to mess around with credit deals. But thanks for the website - I will add it to my favourites.