standing still - Brad
I've been watching a BMW 528 for nearly a year now on a local forecourt, it's that lovely light green, S reg and in good nick but no-one's buying. It started at 6295 and is now down to 4995 but the important thing is it never moves. Does there come a point where a car is so used to doing nothing that all the parts stop working? Could a car that's stood for a year be a reliable one or is is fatally damaged. Should I go in and offer £3000 for cash?
standing still - Adam {P}
Don't know the answer to your question but it can't be good for it really!

My mate lives on the same road as a small garage. In first year I used to give him lifts into Uni. That was 2004 when I first noticed the bright yello Fiat Stilo on the forecourt.

I dropped a CD off yesterday the other day - yep. Still there!
standing still - Aprilia
Not unusual for a garage to have a 'monument'. Ideally they should go back to the ring if not shifted in three months, but some do hold on to them for a lot longer.

They are usually fine and certainly not 'fatally damaged'. Rusty discs is the usually problem and possible siezed handbrakes. The owner/salesman will probably take it home now and again or use it for an errand.
standing still - Blue {P}
It'll be fine with some new brake discs I'm sure.

Our old 3 series used to stand for up to 6 months and started on the turn of the key and drove straight off when the battery was reconnected, and that was with no prior prep.

Blue