Black Plugs - Vectra 2.0 16v '97 Ecotec - mickyh7
Vectra 2.0 16v 1997 Ecotec. This car has had a small missfire all the time I'v owned it I'v changed loads of parts,and cleaned where I'v been told to clean! My son unpluged the air flow meter and the man. light came on.(made the car run worse) Plugged it back in,light went out.Car back to 'normal'Next day light came on again-I flashed the codes and got Air flow meter malfunction and O2 sensor circuit malfunction-Would the O2 sensor be linked to the unplugging? Or is it the fault? This is the first time the Man.light has ever come on!Ever since I have owned the car the plugs have been covered in soot every time I check them! The missfire is between 1.0 and 1.5 revs,worse on the overrun-Changed coil,idle control valve,cam and crank sensor,plugs and leads and air filter.Somebody help me please,starting to pull my hair out here!
Black Plugs - Vectra 2.0 16v '97 Ecotec - chirpy
to test the o2 sensor find the black wire of the four (2 white) (1 grey)make a small cut in the insulation connect the positive croc clip from your multimeter to it the the black to earth start up car and warm up engine set meter to 2v run engine at a fast idle (1500rpm) reading should go up and down quite fast if not ie slow or fixed reading replace sensor
Thanks for your help.I'll try this tomorrow if it stops raining-Cheers Mick.
No movment with voltage! New O2 sensor has cured my fault.Many Thanks-Mick.