To seal, or not to seal... - Mr Hula
Does anyone know if there is much of a difference between the various paint sealers? A-Glaze, SuperGuard, Diamond Sheild etc?

Price wise A-Glaze and SuperGuard seem around the same price if done at a dealer, around £300 for inside and out. Diamond seems a bit cheaper. Do they work? Certainly A-Glaze comes with a 3-year guarantee and in theory at least you don't need to polish for 3 years or so. I would pay £3K for that alone.
To seal, or not to seal... - blue_haddock
Don't bother paying dealer prices for it as it's a rip off - you can buy the kits off ebay for around £30.If you read the small print to keep the guarantee going you need to annually reapply the various coatings.

Have been discussed here several times so try a forum search.
To seal, or not to seal... - Armitage Shanks {p}
They are all a huge rip-off and you can do as well youself with some decent wax and elbow grease. I paid £300 for some named brand finish on a car I bought and 3 months later, when I traded it to the same dealer it was worth £Zero. The %age mark up on it must be 500%. Avoid like the plague IMHO
To seal, or not to seal... - Xileno {P}
Nice bottle of Autoglym or MER and some cotton rags is all you want. I have never paid for any of these protection coatings, my cars have always been in top condition when sold due to regular washing and polishing.
To seal, or not to seal... - Hamsafar
It's OK if they do it for free, or <£50,
but it's generally a rip-off.
And when you part with the silly amount of money and get the info. pack, it says you have to take the car back to the dealer to have the molecular-bonded protection shell rejuvenated, all this means is a skivvy will polish it again. I'm sure they must only sell it in the USA and UK, nowhere else would fall for this nonsense.
To seal, or not to seal... - Xileno {P}
I bought some french stuff a few years ago, it claimed that after polishing the car you could pour ignited fuel on it, to demonstrate how durable the finish was. Never tried it though.
To seal, or not to seal... - Bill Payer
I?m as sceptical as anyone, but I bought a Merc that had already been treated with Mercedes StarShield, and it does seem to make a difference. Bird muck etc doesn?t mark the paint and comes off much easier. A quick brush over and the car is clean.
My daughter has a metallic Black Seat Ibiza and bird muck marks the paint within 24 hrs.

It?s all very well saying that if you polish the car yourself you can achieve the same results, but most people won?t keep that up. For example: I bought a Diamond Brite pack off eBay for 20 something pounds 6mths ago (for daughters Ibiza) but I haven?t got around to applying it yet.

However if Mr Hula really is prepared to pay £3K for not having to polish his car for 3 yrs, then a regular valet would still cost hugely less than that!
To seal, or not to seal... - Stuartli
>>However if Mr Hula really is prepared to pay £3K for not having to polish his car for 3 yrs>>

You've increased the price ten fold...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
To seal, or not to seal... - Stuartli
Oops, sorry - was basing that on the original cost...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
To seal, or not to seal... - mike hannon
See current thread 'the research I've been waiting for'