Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - nervous girl buyer
How do I make sure I dont get my fingers burnt buying online?

I am considering buying a C4 from 'newcitroendeals.co.uk', a branch of lowpricecars.co.uk - as with many of these sites it seems very hard to tell if one is simply handing over money to a happy bloke in his back room never to see it again, or actually buying a car at a good price. Has anyone else bought a car through this site or had a good or bad expeience of it? The price quoted is very keen, and the website is very convincing...

Is it true that if I pay the deposit by credit card I have some kind of consumer 'protection'?
Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - massey
Pop in to your local Citroen agent and give them a chance to come near to the price qouted on the internet.

Paying just a little bit more here will give you the piece of mind.
Thanks for that - but the online price is £3K less than the dealer's discount (£5K less than RRP) - does that make it too good to be true?
Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - Big Norm
If it's a British company and you pay by credit card you have a contract with the credit card company as well as with the car people, basically you are covered if they go bankrupt or refuse to deliver it etc.. If the company is foreign you have less rights.

Best wishes

Big Norm
Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - Armitage Shanks {p}
It might be too good to be true and be a non-UK spec import. What you have been told about your rights if you pay by credit card is spot-on.
Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - Statistical outlier
I bought thru an internet broker and *all* my payments went directly to the main dealer that I was collecting the car from. I'd have been very wary about handing over any money to a random internet site...

Gord.
Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - tyro
Have you tried www.drivethedeal.com or www.carfile.net?
Both of these online brokers should be completely safe.
Thanks for the hint from the horses mouth! But am I missing something? The website I mentioned is not listed in 'Week's Best Deals' - though the deal it is offering is better than any of those listed here...I have a nasty and suspicious mind..
Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - stuorr

hi, did you ever get anywhere with this company? they are still going now and are on twitter and facebook too. they still offer much better prices than eleswhere, anyone bought from them?

Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - Collos25

A quick comparison of their prices there is nothing spectacular there are loads of so called online dealers you can normally do better fixing the deal yourself.

Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - stuorr
hi

i am in the process if going through a deal with this company and all is going to plan. ive been in touch with the local dealer and ive been quoted 13327 on a factory order model(base price) which is at least £3000 off the standard list price in showrooms.
Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - barney100

£3000 less seems too good to be true. If in doubt buying a car leave it alone.

Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - woollyeyes

The risk in any transaction is in what money you handover.

If you pay the deposit on your credit car you should be fully protected by your credit card company even if the company goes out of business and if you pay the balance only when you get the car NOT before and check it properly to make sure its all ok , not an import then you should be ok.

Research the company on Google first and look at reputable online operators who have been trading for many years and have been recommended by the likes of Which and The Sunday Times, such as www.autoebid.com

Lowpricecars.co.uk - buying online - LPC

Hi - it's Mike here from Low Price Cars, just thought I should reply to this thread - better late than never....

10 years trading now and still with 100% customer satisfaction, as far as I know!

(never had any complaints - don't think I need to say anything else!)