autochanger - apm
Hi all,

My GF is about to buy an X-plate Accord 2.0 SE sport. It has a radio cassette head unit, but no autochanger (although the head unit has controls for the changer). Obviously want to get hold of a cheap changer (ebay has several)- question is, are the connections universal, or are they manufacturer specific?

Ta in advance,

Alex.
--
Dr Alex Mears
MG BGT 1971
If you are in a hole stop digging...unless
you are a miner.
autochanger - mare
We put a Sony changer in the boot to go with the Sony head unit in the car. £150 i remember two years ago from Halfords, possibly cheaper now? They fitted it for free at a time and place of our convienance.

Connections from memory are a cable running down the nearside of the car under the carpet / door seams and plugging into the back of the head unit.

You might be better getting a changer the same make as the head unit. Only might, not will.
autochanger - Roly93
Why not get an MP3 head unit ? They are just as cheap as installing an autochanger and much better as they allow you to put say 12+ CD's on one disc in MP3 format rather than CDA format. That is assuming you have the capability to burn data CD's on your PC.
autochanger - AlastairW
IIRC Halfords supply adaptors so that pretty much any changer can be connected to any head unit.
autochanger - Statistical outlier
Much better idea - buy a tape converter (get a brand name one, the no-name ones are not much good) and buy an mp3 player. You'll be able to get at least 10s or possibly 100s of albums on there, with far less hassle.

Just a thought,

Gord.
autochanger - mare
Much better idea - buy a tape converter (get a brand
name one, the no-name ones are not much good) and buy
an mp3 player. You'll be able to get at least 10s
or possibly 100s of albums on there, with far less hassle.
Just a thought,
Gord.

Good thought. My changer has been usurped by the iPod through a Philips tape deck adapter thingy. £8 from ASDA.
autochanger - LeePower
Hi

Have you tried this audio website for a cd changer?

www.addacdchanger.co.uk/
autochanger - morebeerplease
anybody can an in-car DAB radio? it makes so much sense with all the extra stations? but what is the reception like? which aftermarket ariel? would be better than an mp3 player ?