149k Mondeo - kippax1966
Dear all,

I saw a Mondeo Y reg, 2.0 TDDi LX, wiht full main dealer service history (last service Feb 06), and a good colour (seal grey), with nearly new Pirelli tyres, for £2995, and offered the dealer £2500 straight off. He said £2650, with a new MOT, an extra £100 for a 6 month warranty.

Firstly, is £2650 a reasonable price, and secondly, is the warranty worth having, as I understand that dealers now legally have to provide a warranty for 6 months (sort of!).

Also, I've got a W reg Focus TDi with 140,000 miles on the clock, again with full service history good condition, nothing wrong with it, and p/x would be so much easier, but what 'cost to change' should I expect?

Any feedback very much appreciated....
149k Mondeo - Hugo {P}
Your view on minimum 6 month warranties my be answered by this thread here.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=21684&...e

H
149k Mondeo - cheddar
£2650 sounds excellent if in good condition, p-ex cost to change would probably be at least £1500 when you should get £2000 for the Focus if you sold it privately.
149k Mondeo - pd
Your come back on a 150k Mondeo under the Sale of Goods Act would be somewhat limited to say the least. Whilst if you drove off down the road and it blew up you would have redress after a few miles and a couple of months it would be fair to argue that things will go wrong on a 150k Mondeo.

Remember the rules take account of the age and mileage of the car and a 150k Mondeo would be viewed somewhat differently to a 20k one.
149k Mondeo - kippax1966
Went to see the bloke today - cost to change would be £1300 - too much for me really. I think I'll try and sell the Focus privately, but am tempted by the car.

Thanks for your prompt replies.....