Good Service from a fast fit garage - Wee Willie Winkie
Decide this morning that I want an oil and filter change for my TDi Passat. On the off chance I call into my local branch of the well known fast fit chain and enquire, expecting to laugh at their prices. Well, I didn't laugh. £23.99 for filter and all the Mobil semi-synth it needed. The job took them less than an hour, and, get this...
They didn't even try to tell me i)my tyres were low, ii)my brakes needed attention, iii) my suspension was goofed.

Very impressed!!
Good Service from a fast fit garage - David Horn
Which one was it? I think you're allowed to name names for good service. :)
It was Kwik Fit in Southport. I expected to be given the hard sell for lots of things I didn't need - but no!
Good Service from a fast fit garage - Waino
Alas, they'll probably get a rollocking from the regional sales manager, now!
Good Service from a fast fit garage - Stuartli
>>It was Kwik Fit in Southport.>>

Your post appeared as I was typing mine.

Ash Street or Eastbank Street?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
I've often reported my similar (regular) experience with National - semi-synthetic oil and filter for £15, plus any remaining amount from the maximum five litres allowed put in a plastic can for top up (never needed) purposes.

Saves DIY and the appropriate mess, plus having to dispose of the old oil and filter, and at a cost I find hard to match just for the oil and filter at motor factor trade prices.

Good Service from a fast fit garage - Peter D
It wasn't a PD engine then. If it was that may be the wrong oil not conforming to 505.501 or .502 Lots of treads on this and alleged camshaft (PD pumps) excess wear with non compliant oils. Regards Peter
Good Service from a fast fit garage - Roger Jones
This is no surprise. For the past four years I've had a Mobil 1 change twice a year for two cars at Kwik-Fit for about £40 a time, which has saved me £250+ off retail canister prices in total because the price is the same, no matter what the quantity. The last time I checked prices with them, the Mobil semi-synth was £27.95 and the Mobil mineral oil £18.95. What's more, those prices include filters.

On Mobil 1, only if your car takes 4L or less does the Kwik-Fit deal come out more pricey than DIY; and does any car take less than 4L?
Stuartli - it was Eastbank St. Had a quick wander round town, nipped into B&M Bargains to pick up some of the excellent Chianti they currently have for £2.99...

Noope, not a PD engine so no worries about the oil....

I'm pleased all round.
>>it was Eastbank St.>>

Thanks for that info.

B and M has some great buys...:-)
Good Service from a fast fit garage - Blue {P}
I've got to hand it to Rapid Fit at Durham, I realised one of the inside edges of my tyres was bald two days ago, took the car in on the afternoon and asked them about it.

They asked which brand of tyre prefer, rang up, ordered them and sent their parts guy out to get them (they don't stock Hankooks) and fitted them that same afternoon whilst also fixing the alignment which turned out to be 2mm out on the front AND back of the car!

Suffice to say my car now drives better than when I bought it, the steering no longer points to the left of the road and I can hold my wheel at the 12 o'clock position to go in a straight line which is a bit of a novelty! And the grip from the Hankooks is outstanding so far...

The price may not have been the cheapest in the world (£205 for 2X 215/40 R17 tyres and a four wheel align) but I'd rather make sure the job was done right, the last time I went near a fast fit I spent ages with Rapid Fit sorting out the other garage's work!

Blue