Advice needed !! Fiesta Shock Absorbers - Bottomless Pit
I have a 98 Ford Fiesta Ghia X 1.4 which I am looking to sell as I now have a company car. I recently had it MOT'd and it failed on a leaking o/s front shock absorber which will now need replacing. I am under the impression that you will need to replace the other front shock absorber otherwise the vehicle will feel imbalanced. As I am selling the vehicle I want to keep expenditure down as much as possible so I would like to know from anyone with any experience in this matter - is it really necessasry to get both front shocks replaced or can I get away with just the one done?.
Advice needed !! Fiesta Shock Absorbers - Aprilia
From a 'legal' and MoT perspective you only need to replace the faulty one.
Speaking personally I would do the pair (even if I was selling it) - Fiesta shocks don't cost much.
Advice needed !! Fiesta Shock Absorbers - madf
If you really want to save money, cost up a new one .
www.fordpartsuk.com/ wee very good when I used them....

Your local scrapyard is unlikely to have any 1.4 ones in good condition.. if at all.

For keeping I would replace in pairs.. but...
madf
Advice needed !! Fiesta Shock Absorbers - d_j_burton
If you can do it yourself, do both and make a point of it when you sell it, if you take it to a garage just do the one.
Advice needed !! Fiesta Shock Absorbers - jc2
Just one point,most manufacturers and aftermarket suppliers will no longer hold a full range of spares.When the car was originally built,the shockers would be manufactured to suit the particular car,engine,weight,specification but for service I doubt they offer more than 1 or 2 different ones.
Advice needed !! Fiesta Shock Absorbers - pastyman
Although only one shock has gone, it is very wise to replace both at the same time, from a handling point of view. When the car is sold on, at least you will know that you have sold a safe car, if nothing else, although there are the less scrupulous amongst us who couldn't care less. The choice is yours.

Pastyman...
Advice needed !! Fiesta Shock Absorbers - Kevin
Turn it to your advantage.

Replace both shocks and present the prospective buyer with MOT/receipts that prove you haven't skimped on maintenance?

Kevin...