Changing car - what would you do? - Perturbed
Hi all

In January, I struck a deal on a new car and was due to collect it on March 1st. The new car is now delayed for a month, which leaves me with a question. Car tax is due on March 1st on my trade in, which is not a problem as I will cash it in when I trade the car

It's also due a service around mid March in order to keep the 3 yr warranty running. What would you do? service it, or not bother?
Changing car - what would you do? - Adam {P}
What's the car?

Might sound a little drastic but you may be able to strike a blinding deal on another pre reg car of similar or even better spec if you mention cancelling the deal.

Changing car - what would you do? - Adam {P}
But that's not what you're asking!

Completely disregard my last post. And then ignore this one.
Changing car - what would you do? - Simon
Probably not bother. Why spend money that you don't have to? Presumably you have already agreed a part ex value of your current car, so it shouldn't make any difference in that respect.
Changing car - what would you do? - bell boy
Makes a change to hear a customer looking after the dealer get it fully serviced i say put some new mats and an air freshener in as well and really make the dealers day.He will tell all his mates at the auction what a terrific chap you are.
Or do nowt and save the money like everyone else would.
The choice is yours :)
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Changing car - what would you do? - Mike H
If you are part exchanging it then there is absolutely no reason for you to go mad and service it. They agreed the deal, which included a delivery date of March 1st, and if they can't keep their side of the bargain then I would have no qualms in letting the service ride.

I appreciate what is probably your concern for the next owner, but at the end of the day, the garage supplying your new car will probably be offering the new owner their own warranty anyway irrespective of remaining manufacturers warranty.

I'm sooo glad I don't have these problems - the days when I could afford to buy a new car are long gone!
Changing car - what would you do? - blue_haddock
Also remember that the dealer will probably end up servicing the car as part of the deal when they sell it on so i see no reason for you to service it prior to PX'ing it.
Changing car - what would you do? - Perturbed
Thanks guys, I guess I'm just too honest (or too much of a mug!) I think I'll take your advice and keep the money in my bank account!