No heating Pug 306 1.9 TD - sinbad
I have a T reg 306 diesel and it is blowing cold air. I have changed the thermostat and also checked coolant levels which are fine. There is heat in the piping and having checked the air bleeding valve there is hot water which means the heater matrix is working and i can't think what else it could be. Any ideas would be most welcome as it is quite cold outside!!
No heating Pug 306 1.9 TD - markengland
I know its a different car and so I may be totally wrong but I've just had exactly the same problem on my 1996 1.8D Fiesta. On these it is a very common fault apparently. It is the heater valve that sits on the engine bulkhead. There are 2 hoses coming from one side into the engine and then another 2 on the side nearest the inside of the car that take the heat behind the dash. It was very easy to replace and cost me £27 from Fords (apparently patent parts aren't recommended). Whether its the same on your Pug or not I've no idea but thought it may be worth a mention, I assume yours must have a heater valve too? Hope this helps, Mark.
No heating Pug 306 1.9 TD - Civic8
>>There is heat in the piping and having checked the air bleeding valve there is hot water which

May be getting to valve but not past it/assuming it is valve operated.if it has vacuum controlled flap it could be leak in pipe?.just because the pipes are hot to it dont mean matrix is getting the supply
--
Steve
No heating Pug 306 1.9 TD - neil
I think there's an air lock in your heater matrix - and as this engine is notorious for more or less terminal head damage if they overheat, I'd be reluctanmt to drive it before I'd had the leak identified (must have gone somewhere - unless you've just had coolant changed or similar? - maybe head gasket on its way out - or a weep from the pump, which they're also famous for...) and the coolant bled through properly.

Just a thought, but this is a classic symptom and it can get a lot worse very quickly, so don't ponder too long!

Regards

Neil
No heating Pug 306 1.9 TD - Martin1981
If the head gasket is on its way out, the cooling system would be over-pressurising, meaning that coolant will be lost from the top of the expansion tank through pressurisation. In addition the top radiator hose will remain hard, long after the engine has cooled down after a run. My 1994 306TD ran for 5k miles with a blowing head gasket (heater still worked) before giving up the ghost a year ago to this day whereby the coolant was pushed straight out of the expansion tank resulting in instant overheating.

Might be worth draining the cooling system, flushing it through and refilling it using the header tank method in case there is an airlock. Remember to open all bleed screws when refilling, closing each one as water comes out, starting with the lowest one.

Martin