Ugliest Car - ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
Just reading the front of aol home page and they are doing a vote for the Ugliest Car.

The winner so far is the Fiat Multipla as you can see.

Which model is the biggest design mistake?
votes
BMW Z3 Coupé 1389 9%
Chrysler PT Cruiser 1684 11%
Citroen 2CV 1429 9%
Fiat Multipla 6425 41%
Ford Anglia 339 2%
Ford Ka 527 3%
Skoda Estelle 690 4%
Subaru XT 1165 7%
Trabant (1989) 1493 10%
Vauxhall Tigra (1999) 464 4%

Total Votes: 15605
Ugliest Car - Lud
15,000 complete idiots looks like.

Agree the Ford Kaka looks like a cowpat from behind though.
Ugliest Car - Pugugly {P}
Why pick on the poor Ford Anglia ? WHat did that do to them ? It was after all the Focus of its day and as much of cutting edge design after all those post war porridgemobiles. It changed the way people looked at cars.
Ugliest Car - DrS
Not while the Porsche Cayenne is still around
Ugliest Car - Lud
Why do people think the Cayenne is ugly? It may be a bit unnecessary but it isn't the only car you can say that about. It doesn't seem any uglier to me than any of these other big jeep things, indeed less so than many. But people seem to feel very strongly about it. Strange.
Ugliest Car - mss1tw
Why is the Ssangyong Rodius not there? :-S
Ugliest Car - Happy Blue!
Frankly I find the rear of the new Zafira to be very under par.

And I cannot get my hed around the new XK Jag. Just dull and will little fiddly details that look naff - like the tail lights.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Ugliest Car - DrS
Y'right, Lud: It's no uglier than some other stuff, but at the price, someone should have spent more time designing a thing of beauty.
I guess there might be some kind of ugliness vs cost relationship, which would show the Cayenne in pole position, while the Rodius is pig ugly but cheap, so would come somewhere in the top left hand corner, which is a more acceptable position than the top right.
What then goes in the bottom right? A smart roadster?
Ugliest Car - DrS
Sorry, that was bottom left!
Ugliest Car - Chicken Madras
My vote is for the Pontiac Aztek

tinyurl.com/9724v
and
tinyurl.com/aamev

I saw quite a few in the US about a year ago. When one came into view, young children would run away screaming...

Or should I give my vote to the Ford Scorpio - once described in an ad as "probably the most beautiful (or was it stunning?) car ever built". Hmm. Probably not methinks.
Ugliest Car - Lud
Good God Chicken Madras! A real contender that one. Almost makes one understand why the baseball cap seems acceptable headwear in the US.
Ugliest Car - codefarm

That would get my vote. No redeeming features whatever; like the doodle of an eight year old petrolhead. Absolutely the most hideous abomination ever to take to the road.
Ugliest Car - tack
I think the Accord Estate is a 10 pinter!
Ugliest Car - Adam {P}
You're kidding!!?

There are only 4 estates I'd buy if I had to.

1. A 5 series

2. A 407

3. A V70

4. An Accord Tourer

The Accord and the 407 look the best without a shadow of a doubt.
Ugliest Car - bell boy
the accord looks like it ran under a wagon backwards, they always make me look twice,im going to have a better look and see if you can fit anything in the back of one,one of these days.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Ugliest Car - Adam {P}
I hate to be the one to break this to you oldman - you're....going blind.

I'm terribly sorry.
Ugliest Car - Altea Ego
In Old mans eyes if its not an A35 or an A40 farina its not a car.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Ugliest Car - mare
Wot no Fiat Doblo?

Z3 coupe looks great, especially in yellow. And what on earth has the PT Cruiser done to anyone?
Ugliest Car - mike hannon
Rolls Royce Phantom...as usual
Ugliest Car - Lud
Yup, a hideous breezeblock of a motor. Anyone with that sort of money and any taste should get an old one, which would also be a real Rolls-Royce. Same applies to that huge VW thing the Phaeton.
Ugliest Car - Geordie1
What is the point of this discussion? Surely all cars are a wonderful achievement of both mechanical and body design genius. There cannot have ever been any car manufactured that someone did not buy as their chosen vehicle.The wide choice of models available ensures that there is something for everybody. Its been said countless times before but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is doubtful that anyone would set out to deliberately buy an 'ugly' car. BTW..who is qualified to denounce any car as 'ugly'?
Ugliest Car - Lud
We all are. But no one has to take any notice. It's just knockabout fun.
Ugliest Car - Geordie1
Strange way to to have fun!
Ugliest Car - Lud
So is driving, many would say.
Ugliest Car - NowWheels
Some cars look weird, some look boring, some look sleek, but most have some sort design logic to them. Even the FIAT Doblo doesn't look ugly to me, cos it looks like it was made that way for a reason -- just as the beautiful Peugeot 406 coupe clearly has a reason for being the way it is.

Same with most of the new BMWs. The 1-series attracts a few adverse comments, but I can see what it's trying to do, and the same goes for the rear of the pre-facelift Bangle-designed 7-series.

Not so the new 5-series: the weirdly curved surfaces on its flank simply look like a mistake. So that's my nomination for ugliest car.
Ugliest Car - Pugugly {P}
I should have put a tenner on that.
Ugliest Car - Adam {P}
Myopia seems to be contagious today NW eh? ;-)
Ugliest Car - Sofa Spud
My controversial nominantion is the Alfa Romeo Spider. Nice front and windscreen but completely spoilt by dumpy profile, fat rear and pointless diagonal styling crease. A homage to the Triumph TR7 if ever there was one!
Ugliest Car - barchettaman
Honda Accord tourer - nice, spoilt completely by the dreadful, slabbish, 70´s rear end styling. Sorry Adam. I can recommend a good optician...
Ugliest Car - Adam {P}
Wrong wrong wrong!

Wrong!!!
Ugliest Car - madf
I vote for any BMW designed by Bangle.
Then any Rolls Royce since 1982.
Ford Multipla was styled by muppets for the aesthetically challenged:-)

But I think the rear end of the Renult Meganne beats them all...

madf
Ugliest Car - Altea Ego
"But I think the rear end of the Renult Meganne beats them all..."

Thats ok, anyone who sees a Ford badge on a multipla must be blind

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Ugliest Car - Adam {P}
I didn't want to say anything in case Ford had actually brought one out and I was behind the times!

Personally, I like the Megane but you know me and cars...
Ugliest Car - Pete M
I've mentioned before that I think the Chrysler 300C is hideous. That is going on the billboard advertisements, until I see one in the metal, when I may or may not change my mind. It looks like one of those Matchbox Hotwheels toys.
Fiat Multipla, that's bad.
At least one model of the Megane looked to me like a ripoff of the 1993 shape Mazda 626 hatchback, one of the most attractive cars ever.
Ugliest Car - cheddar
Q7
Ugliest Car - mrmender
I vote for any BMW designed by Bangle.
Then any Rolls Royce since 1982.
Ford Multipla was styled by muppets for the aesthetically challenged:-)
But I think the rear end of the Renult Meganne beats
them all...
madf

With you 100% that 6 series thingy is a abomination someone in town has a convertable IMO all it's missing is a turret!
Someone else was going on about anglia's again all the anglia gave us that was any good is the engine in the KA
Ugliest Car - Lud
You mean the Kaka mm... Quite right about these modern big BMWs but you haven't pronounced on the new Megane. I am with the whippersnapper on that, bright-eyed bushy-tailed piece of French styling, shaka that nyash, yassuh!

I liked that ad tyoo and the music... but then I'm a fun-loving type.
Ugliest Car - Lud
And surely no one would bother to call the Multipla ugly? Just a bit weird but so obviously practical if you needed one you'd get to like the way it looks.
Ugliest Car - school boy
The new multipla looks quite good, its just the old one that doesn't I think.
Ugliest Car - Sofa Spud
The Multipla was an interesting and innovative design concept, exploring new avenues in the expression of form through division and juxtaposition of shape in a way that had not been seen sinve the Citroen 2CV.......in other words it's UGLY!!!

By the way, I do realise my flowery prose is rubbish!